Carnival Hub Chat usage cost question

Derbie

The wording on the website is a little confusing, so I am going to ask here.  Is the cost of chat only; $5 per day per user or $5 per user for the entire 7 days?  We are not interested in the regular internet service as there are 8 of us traveling.  We will try to grab usage somewhere in port.  

Thanks so much,

35 minutes ago, Derbie said:

The wording on the website is a little confusing, so I am going to ask here.  Is the cost of chat only; $5 per day per user or $5 per user for the entire 7 days? 

Hi 🙂

$5 per user, (for the voyage). See info below. 

Picsart-23-02-26-17-48-55-559.jpg

20230226-174952.jpg

Click on the link for the above info:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3829/~/stay-connected-via-text!

🍹

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sapete said:

So is it $5 on top of the Wi-Fi fee if you buy a package?

From the way it's worded, it look like yes, it's $5 (for the entirely of the cruise), in addition to the daily wifi charge. I've never purchased a wifi plan, so I can't confirm this.

But I know from experience that you do not have to purchase a wifi plan for the chat plan to work.

12 hours ago, sapete said:

So is it $5 on top of the Wi-Fi fee if you buy a package?

The WiFi plans and the chat feature are totally different and have nothing to do with one another. If you purchase an Internet plan, then you don't need the chat feature on The Hub, as long as everyone you wish to chat with has an Internet plan. You can communicate with one another via Facebook messenger or whatever platform you wish. If you only want to chat with people on board, then the $5 chat plan on The Hub is what you want. You can chat with anyone on the ship who has purchased it. It's $5 per person for the duration of your cruise. You do not need an Internet plan to use The Hub app or purchase the chat function.

• Like 2

In my experience, the hub chat feature is absolute garbage and not even worth the $5. It was completely unreliable - either we did not get messages, or hours later we’d get all the messages together at once,  or no alert when a message was received. Same experience on several trips, on different ships, and different phones. It was very frustrating. Funny to hear other families arguing “I’ve been texting you! Why didn’t you respond!?”

Hopefully this got fixed.

Just of the Glory a few weeks ago, and I will agree the chat feature was very unreliable.  Was great when it worked, but that was maybe about 50% of the time.  It got real frustrating because it started off working, and then figured we could rely on it for getting everyone together, but then became very hit or miss, and at times when we had no other way to communicate.  We ended up just calling people in their cabin to make plans instead lol. I really wish they would find a way to fix it, because it could be very useful.

Thanks to everyone!  I will pass along the information to all that are sailing.  There are three teens in the group, so I was hoping the Hub would be an option, at a reasonable price.