Odyssey sailing from Bayonne

nelblu

Was looking if there were any available bookings for Easter 2025 and see 3 sails in April on Odyssey.  I'm glad of a new ship out of Bayonne, but disappointed in that Odyssey does not have an indoor pool for the cool weather at that time of year.  Not sure when sails out of Bayonne begin but see sails also in January.

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Was looking if there were any available bookings for Easter 2025 and see 3 sails in April on Odyssey.  I'm glad of a new ship out of Bayonne, but disappointed in that Odyssey does not have an indoor pool for the cool weather at that time of year.  Not sure when sails out of Bayonne begin but see sails also in January.

The solarium pools are enclosed and temperature controlled. But yes they eliminated the family enclosed pool on Odyssey. Maybe they will change the adult only policy for the solarium pools when it goes to Bayonne???

26 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Odyssey is sailing Transatlantic from Rome to Cape Liberty in November 2024. Her first sailing from Cape Liberty is on the 17th of November. She is doing mostly the usual 7-night itinerary down to the Bahamas with a few longer ones in January 2025.

27 minutes ago, bajathree said:

The solarium pools are enclosed and temperature controlled. But yes they eliminated the family enclosed pool on Odyssey. Maybe they will change the adult only policy for the solarium pools when it goes to Bayonne???

I doubt it as the solarium is not large enough to accommodate both adults and children.  Plus it takes away the serenity of the venue. 

Someone on another post mentioned why not Ovation in place at it is designed like a typical Quantum class ship. 

35 minutes ago, bajathree said:

At most, they might allow kids in to use the pool for a specified couple of hours during the day and the rest of the time is strictly adults only as usual. I've seen them do this on other ships, either for the whole itinerary or for part depending on how much of it is in colder climes. Days and times were posted in the Compass.

On Odyssey's sailings I can't see them opening up the solarium to kids for any more than the first and last days, since she sails into warmer weather after leaving NJ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I doubt it as the solarium is not large enough to accommodate both adults and children.  Plus it takes away the serenity of the venue. 

Someone on another post mentioned why not Ovation in place at it is designed like a typical Quantum class ship. 

Agree on all the above. With that being said I like the open family pool feeling much better on Odyssey....but not so good for cool climate sailings.

6 hours ago, FionaMG said:

At most, they might allow kids in to use the pool for a specified couple of hours during the day and the rest of the time is strictly adults only as usual. I've seen them do this on other ships, either for the whole itinerary or for part depending on how much of it is in colder climes. Days and times were posted in the Compass.

On Odyssey's sailings I can't see them opening up the solarium to kids for any more than the first and last days, since she sails into warmer weather after leaving NJ.

They did this on Enchantment sailing from Baltimore.

Of course that didn't stop someone from scolding a woman and her well-behaved small child during the allowed hours ... I mentioned it was allowed from 4 pm to 6 pm, to which the complainer said "it shouldn't be." 

23 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

They did this on Enchantment sailing from Baltimore.

Of course that didn't stop someone from scolding a woman and her well-behaved small child during the allowed hours ... I mentioned it was allowed from 4 pm to 6 pm, to which the complainer said "it shouldn't be." 

Oh, I believe it. I came across a very similar situation on one of my sailings.

We have been on Anthem several times out of Bayonne and always enjoy her. We will definately cruise on Odyssey when she comes. Question - what is the feature show in 270? Anthem has Spectra. Is it the same show on Odyssey or does each Q class have a different show in 270?

6 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

We have been on Anthem several times out of Bayonne and always enjoy her. We will definately cruise on Odyssey when she comes. Question - what is the feature show in 270? Anthem has Spectra. Is it the same show on Odyssey or does each Q class have a different show in 270?

On Odyssey it's The Book. Of the two, I preferred Spectra.

5 minutes ago, nelblu said:

What show is on O.  Anthem has the gift. 

We had "Effectors" and "Showgirl. Past. Present. Future." I enjoyed both.

As usual, though, with this kind of production, the story lines are tenuous at best.