Protein Drinks?

LMHSRN

Just now, VaCruzers said:

I'm not seeing any protein drinks on the Aqua Spa Cafe menu - just juices and smoothies. Am I misssing something? Thanks!

Their smoothies are actually protein drinks - at least I would consider things like these to be a protein drinks.    They are all served at room temperature where I consider a smoothy to be icy.

Refuel - Peanut Butter, Banana, Cocoa, Almond mil and Flax Seeds

Antioxidant  - Blueberry Blackberry, Strawberry, Coconut Milk, Ginger and Oat

It may be my misunderstanding what a Protein Drink is, but this is the closest you will get on a Celebrity ship.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Their smoothies are actually protein drinks - at least I would consider things like these to be a protein drinks.    They are all served at room temperature where I consider a smoothy to be icy.

It may be my misunderstanding what a Protein Drink is, but this is the closest you will get on a Celebrity ship.

Ok, I see. We definitely have a different understanding of a protein drink. As a bariatric patient, I require a daily protein shake with 25 - 30 grams of protein, less than 5 g carbs and less than 5 g sugar. Those type drinks listed above definitely fall outside that criteria. I bring my own. These may be healthy options for some passengers, but do not align with my dietary needs.

1 minute ago, VaCruzers said:

Ok, I see. We definitely have a different understanding of a protein drink. As a bariatric patient, I require a daily protein shake with 25 - 30 grams of protein, less than 5 g carbs and less than 5 g sugar. Those type drinks listed above definitely fall outside that criteria. I bring my own. These may be healthy options for some passengers, but do not align with my dietary needs.

Ahhh.. definitely understand you are referring to, something like Ensure or Boost.  My daughter had lost so much weight when in the hospital she was drinking 3 of those a day.

Unfortunately never seen anything even similar on a Celebrity Ship.  Wonder if you could contact Special Needs  -   form attached https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Celebrity-Guest-Special-Needs-Form.pdf

They list Ensure as an item to request near the bottom of the form.

Access Department at (866) 592-7225 (voice) or local number (954) 628-9708, fax (954)
628-9622, send an e-mail to special_needs@celebrity.com

9 minutes ago, VaCruzers said:

I would as said contact special needs as your requirements are very different from a protein shake like I make at home.  The sugar in mine are above your 5g limit.

Two realistic options - bring your drinks on board or organize through special needs to use protein powder that you could bring on board and they MIGHT be able to blend into a shake.  If that can reach your carb/sugar level.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Ahhh.. definitely understand you are referring to, something like Ensure or Boost.  My daughter had lost so much weight when in the hospital she was drinking 3 of those a day.

Unfortunately never seen anything even similar on a Celebrity Ship.  Wonder if you could contact Special Needs  -   form attached https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Celebrity-Guest-Special-Needs-Form.pdf

They list Ensure as an item to request near the bottom of the form.

Access Department at (866) 592-7225 (voice) or local number (954) 628-9708, fax (954)
628-9622, send an e-mail to special_needs@celebrity.com

Thank you so much for this additional information! I never thought to inquire with the speial needs department. Unfotruately, the offered Ensure is only g 9 Protein and 32 g carbs, so will not meet my needs. I'll continue to bring my Premiere or Fairlife. Cafe al Bacio always provides a large cup of iced coffee for me to mix my protein shake into. They all taste too sweet so I mix into coffee to cut the sweetness. 

Just now, VaCruzers said:

Thank you so much for this additional information! I never thought to inquire with the speial needs department. Unfotruately, the offered Ensure is only g 9 Protein and 32 g carbs, so will not meet my needs. I'll continue to bring my Premiere or Fairlife. Cafe al Bacio always provides a large cup of iced coffee for me to mix my protein shake into. They all taste too sweet so I mix into coffee to cut the sweetness. 

Great.    Yikes that's a lot of Protein in your drink.    The also have ice tea (not as good as  al Bacio in MDR, Luminae, Blu as well as Ocean View Cafe (dispenser powdered tea)

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I love the Refuel and when I order it I ask them nicely to put some ice in the blender as I do not like mine room temperature. 

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

All sugar. Not a protein drink.

On 2/27/2023 at 10:49 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Yes they have them on ALL ships in the Aqua Spa Cafe -  They are covered by the Premium Package but not basic

Just curious, if you don't have the premium package, do you have to pay full price or is there just an up charge for these smoothies?   

1 hour ago, pghalbs said:

Just curious, if you don't have the premium package, do you have to pay full price or is there just an up charge for these smoothies?   

I've always had a Premium Package.   I believe you pay the full amount like bottled water.  All are under the $ limits of the Classic Package but just not covered.   I hope others with experience can let us all know how they handle the cost.

Personally I don't care for them but others say they have them put ice in the mixer to make it more like a Iced Smoothies

If you are Elite or above they also had a couple different smoothies that are included in the Free Continental Breakfast.  

• Like 1

I will be bringing protein powder on with me for after I work out.  Packs super easy and mixes with water. I have never been stopped and it is just a chocolate powder.  For those asking protein drinks are for those that work out as well and want to ensure they are hitting their protein numbers for the day.  Approx 1 gram of protein for every pound you are.