Explorer of the seas HEADING BACK to dry dock?

proposal

1 hour ago, swoopy2110 said:

I'd get them to have a look at that blue coloured ship too that has decided to go rogue and started ploughing through land towards Malaga.

That's Royals newest ship that hasn't been released yet.. Tractor of the Land! Plowing a field near you in 2025. All speciality restaurants are corn infused specialities! Puts a real twist on "chair hogs"! 

Edited by colesc15
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, bigeck said:

Been on sea trials. Still showing Gibraltar on Ais

Does anyone know why a port in Gibraltar would be needed?  Maybe it's a routine stop for supplies?  Just curious.  Don't follow too many Dry Docks.

1 hour ago, tcneal said:

Does anyone know why a port in Gibraltar would be needed?  Maybe it's a routine stop for supplies?  Just curious.  Don't follow too many Dry Docks.

Fuel in Gib is tax free. Cheapest place to get fuel in Europe. Even for cars in town. Still not as cheap as Us though.

Sailing into Gib is a sight with all the cargo and tankers in the bay. 

• Like 1

After a major modification like water slides they probably had to validate the weight and balance engineering.  If I'm not mistaken that involves some testing and equipment that would then need to be removed before returning to service. 

• Like 2

To me it looks like the captain is taking the ship for a test drive to make sure everything is in 10000% fully working order. Very similar to what your mechanic does when they finish repairing your car

now they confirmed everything is 10000% working order they can return to port to supply the ship with provisions for the transatlantic crossing

• Like 2

9 hours ago, shof515 said:

To me it looks like the captain is taking the ship for a test drive to make sure everything is in 10000% fully working order. Very similar to what your mechanic does when they finish repairing your car

now they confirmed everything is 10000% working order they can return to port to supply the ship with provisions for the transatlantic crossing

Explorer has departed Gibraltar after re-fueling. Appears to be heading west. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 2:06 PM, swoopy2110 said:

I'd get them to have a look at that blue coloured ship too that has decided to go rogue and started ploughing through land towards Malaga.

Edited by RedIguana
wrong port:)

On 2/28/2023 at 2:18 AM, bigeck said:

Fuel in Gib is tax free. Cheapest place to get fuel in Europe. Even for cars in town. Still not as cheap as Us though.

Sailing into Gib is a sight with all the cargo and tankers in the bay. 

Where are you in Fife, my cousin lives in Cupar?

9 hours ago, bigeck said:

Sory, don't know her.

If it was a him, I might have known him if he played golf

Didn't think you would, hope you enjoy your golf, my dad played one of the courses at St. Andrews, it was on his bucket list. I was back to visit another cousin in Glasgow last year, and went through to Edinburgh. It was a great trip.

• Like 1