Can you cancel cruise parking booked with your On board spends and get obs for on ship.

Tikka234

7 minutes ago, Tikka234 said:

Hi looking to book night before cruise hotel maybe include parking  we have booked our car parking with Cps can we cancel and get the obs  back to spend on ship

Thanks

Looking at the CPS terms and conditions, they (CPS) may wish to charge you an admin fee. Whether they do or not is another thing.

They won't have have your card details as you just used the booking reference from your cruise so, if they do try and recoup the admin fee, it would be via P&O.  I wonder if anyone has any specific experience of this. 

4 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

If already booked with CPS even if "free" might want an admin fee for cancelling.

If its booked through P&O, then CPS  are not involved in the cancellation, since you won't have paid them when you booked.

Edited by terrierjohn

I’ve done this. I asked to change to OBC first, which they did no problem. Afterwards I called CPS to cancel the parking. I couldn’t help but wonder if the dots are joined up and had I not been honest and cancelled the parking I might have ended up with both! As I say, I didn’t. 

16 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I’ve done this. I asked to change to OBC first, which they did no problem. Afterwards I called CPS to cancel the parking. I couldn’t help but wonder if the dots are joined up and had I not been honest and cancelled the parking I might have ended up with both! As I say, I didn’t. 

Now, that's an idea!🤔

I'm reassured to now know that an admin charge won't be applied. Having recently booked a cruise on board with low deposit, and with included parking, I did wonder about admin charges from CPS if I cancelled the cruise should a better deal be available.

38 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I couldn’t help but wonder if the dots are joined up and had I not been honest and cancelled the parking I might have ended up with both!

Not quite the same but I have opted for OBC and then tried booking with CPS using the booking ref and it has accepted it on more than one occasion. This was a few years back and they may have tightened the system now but I work on the basis that if CPS accept the booking ref then I can have parking irrespective of what P&O do.

If I was to be cynical I would blame P&O's IT!!

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

If its booked through P&O, then CPS  are not involved in the cancellation, since you won't have paid them when you booked.

All I can go on is we cancelled a cruise on Arvia and then rebooked a different cruise on Arvia at a later date. Was told by my TA to phone CPS to inform of cancellation and then rebook parking when you have details for your new cruise as normal. When I rang CPS to inform them what I was doing she thanked me for letting them know as P&O don't always cancel parking on cancelled cruises and causes them great problems. She said it would make there job a lot easier and they would be very grateful if people either phoned them or sent them an e-mail to inform them of cancellation.