You know that $175 air variation fee?

shepherd really

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

no, I am talking about being able to use the new policy of going in two days earlier and NOT paying for deviation....

yeah this going through the agent is a real pain....time wise and accuracy of message....

either way , when do you need to tell O that you are going in earlier?

Again, here is the info sent by my TA. She later clarified that it's not 'custom' air, but that's the way she has to submit it. 'Custom' air to us is the same as always, with added deviation fee etc. 

There is another option at no cost that Oceania just added to their air program.  You can request custom air and  arrive up to 3 days early and depart up to 3 days after disembarkation.  With this option, you cannot request specific airlines, flights, the time you would like to arrive and depart or early ticketing.  You will not be able to request an air arrival at a different port from the embarkation or disembarkation port.  You would have to accept the air Oceania gives to you.  This has to be requested outside of 90 days prior to the sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jazznruby said:

Again, here is the info sent by my TA. She later clarified that it's not 'custom' air, but that's the way she has to submit it. 'Custom' air to us is the same as always, with added deviation fee etc. 

There is another option at no cost that Oceania just added to their air program.  You can request custom air and  arrive up to 3 days early and depart up to 3 days after disembarkation.  With this option, you cannot request specific airlines, flights, the time you would like to arrive and depart or early ticketing.  You will not be able to request an air arrival at a different port from the embarkation or disembarkation port.  You would have to accept the air Oceania gives to you.  This has to be requested outside of 90 days prior to the sailing.

My understanding of reading the O website is that you can request the changes starting at 270 days before embarkation.

27 minutes ago, JRIH said:

My understanding of reading the O website is that you can request the changes starting at 270 days before embarkation.

Custom air deviation, yes, 270 days. New 3 day policy, outside 90 day window. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 11:56 AM, jazznruby said:

This is great to know!

On 3/1/2023 at 1:08 PM, LHT28 said:

But no 99 cents as posted  that is what I found odd 😉

They could just go to $200 PP  & be done with it

This ^^

Whenever I see a price like "$199.99" (or anything "$xxxx.99"/etc.), I have a very negative visceral reaction... that it's just gouging every last tiny bit... but by thinking they are being clever, and somehow "tricking us". 😠

I mean... $199 and $190 may be only vaguely different, but they *are* different (vaguely).

$199.99 and $200??  Not really different at all.  More of an annoyance about the one cent.

Okay... I notice it seems to be a nice round "$199".  Yay!!  Everyone saved a dollar!  No, I mean everyone saved only 99 cents, definitely not "a dollar", right?

When the basic total price point is in the thousands... making some part of it seem "less" because of an attempt at a trivial "rounding down" mystique??

Really? 

It just seems unbecoming, cheapening things.

To be clear, this "air fee" doesn't affect us.  We always use awards for business or first class air for any long haul/international, and we usually arrive early and depart late, using the extra time to explore, etc.  (We also may fly in or out of non-port cities.)

But I still react to the cheese factor.

(And I don't mean brie with a nice baguette and glass of fine red wine! 😉 )

GC