Minor in room for Free at Sea

Boxerjim

Hi all,

So, I tried searching and read a few posts, but I'm a bit confused now.  Going as a group.  I'm currently looking at a cabin for two, myself and son, who is 19.  Free at Sea is very hard to understand when it comes to beverage packages.  Would he get the pop package, or nothing, since he obviously can't legally drink booze?  One post I read said if both people in the cabin aren't 21, neither can get the Beverage package?  Anyone that can enlighten me on this would be much appreciated!  Norwegian Joy, April, out of Miami if that helps, this year.  Thanks!!!!

27 minutes ago, JessLCH said:

I am booked on free at sea in a cabin for 2 with my 18 year old.  I have the free at sea beverage package and he was automatically given the soda package because he's under 21.

Thanks a million!!!  My PCC wasn't answering, so I was getting nervous.  You made my night:)

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If the under 21 is guest 2, the under 21 gets the soda package. The promo service charge will adjust down once the under 21's age is entered.

If the under 21 is guest 3-8, the under 21 gets nothing.

Do you know the rationale for this? It drives me bonkers as I always sail with minors...in April, I have myself and one teen as guest two, then two other teens as 3 and 4. So teen who is guest two gets dining, soda, wifi, but other two nothing - which means I have to purchase separately. If 3 and 4 were adults, they would get it as FAS. I'm not understanding something...

6 minutes ago, kuku77254 said:

No, even if guest 3 or 4 are over 21, they still get nothing. Only first two on reservation get drink package with FAS. 

No….This changed a few years ago. If FAS drink package is selected for a cabin, all guests over 21in the cabin receive the package and must pay the gratuity. FAS drink package is an all-or-nothing cabin package. I suspect it was done because NCL realized that guests 1-2 were sneaking drinks to guests 3-8. 

• Like 1

we just went through the booking of several rooms, we have 2 connecting balcony rooms for our family of 5 and my father in law. My husband wanted the FAS drink package but I don't drink so we put my husband and son in one room and me and my father- in-law (who also doesn't drink) and our 2 daughters in the other room. My husband has the beverage package and my son was automatically given the soda package.

If he doesn’t drink soda / pop you can also decline so you don’t waste money on the gratuities associated with the packages.  While the drinks are free you still have to pay the automatic gratuities for them.  Our kids are all under 10 and don’t drink soda so that’s what we did.

• Like 1