Prince Rupert - Does the cruise ship dock downtown? + Visitor Guides to Prince Rupert

6 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

Can anyone tell me where the cruise ship docks, i.e. is it downtown or do we need to take a taxi/shuttle?

Also, for those looking for some good guides/maps to Prince Rupert, the Visitor Guides on the website are very good: https://visitprincerupert.com/discover-prince-rupert/visitor-guides/

They dock in the inner harbour up by the Pacific Mariners Park. It is a little after the downtown area, so a short walk.

4 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

They dock in the inner harbour up by the Pacific Mariners Park. It is a little after the downtown area, so a short walk.

That is very helpful.  Thank you!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Urban trekker said:

Heidi13 - isn't there a mall just around the corner from the pier - been a few years since I was last there.

Dennis

It's also many years since I worked out of Rupert Harbour and we rarely, went ashore. I recall the shops are up the hill from the cruise ship berth, on the main street (Yellowhead Hwy). 

I never docked in Prince Rupert when working Alaska cruises, but after my cruise ship days, at times we did steam up the harbour while waiting for a berth. I recall seeing a few buildings around the dock and on the hill, but don't recall a mall down at the waterfront. Mind you the memory isn't as good as it used to be.

I have visited Prince Rupert as a port stop.  I find it so refreshing to visit a port where a Diamonds International shop isn't just across from the dock.

I don't remember a mall in close proximity, but would not be looking for one either.  I do remember the beautifully curated Museum of Northern British Columbia and a lovely artists co-op with great high end crafts.