Shore Excursions

RexMesiter

I have been reading all of your tips regarding booking shore excursions. We have been on many cruises but this is our first Viking Ocean Cruise. ( First Viking one period). I am gearing up for the opening of the booking excursions today.  I read about the ACH being the best option if you enter the information previously on MVJ. I have entered Credit Card information already into My Viking Journal, will this not auto populate to my credit card for a shore excursion? Thank you everyone for all of your time and effort in sharing experiences to help others. 

17 minutes ago, kkelley said:

I have entered Credit Card information already into My Viking Journal, will this not auto populate to my credit card for a shore excursion?

No it will not. If you use a credit card, you have to enter the info after each purchase form the cart. If you enter the information for a bank account (ACH) it automatically uses that for each cart transaction, saving time and effort.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, formernuke said:

No it will not. If you use a credit card, you have to enter the info after each purchase form the cart. If you enter the information for a bank account (ACH) it automatically uses that for each cart transaction, saving time and effort.

And you’ll get a discount as well 

I have a question. How soon before you are able to book your excursions, can you see what the excursion selections will be? I am still months out from my cruise next year, but nevertheless, I want to be prepared!

52 minutes ago, Tinyrn said:

I have a question. How soon before you are able to book your excursions, can you see what the excursion selections will be? I am still months out from my cruise next year, but nevertheless, I want to be prepared!

My experience on when Ocean Shore Excursions can be seen from the previous 3 cruises post-COVID is that they show up around 120 days before you sail.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinyrn said:

Your booking date for excursions is based on your cabin class. MVJ will have the date and time excursions open for your booking at the top of the Excursions page. The actual excursions will be available to preview at about 110 days out,

From the Viking website:

• Owner’s Suite—107 days from sail date
  • Explorer Suites—97 days from sail date
  • Penthouse Junior Suites—87 days from sail date
  • Penthouse Veranda Staterooms—77 days from sail date
  • Deluxe Veranda Staterooms—67 days from sail date
  • Veranda Staterooms—60 days from sail date

BTW These are for Viking Ocean, Expedition ships differ.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinyrn said:

One way to sometimes see them earlier is to join the rollcall for a cruise prior to yours with the same itinerary and ask one of them to share the excursions with you. 

• Like 4