Anyone else noticing payment issues?

slpm1

7 minutes ago, slpm1 said:

Yes just partial payment. That could be the issue. So why offer that as an option?

I have no clue, and it’s not always offered either. You can definitely call them to make a partial payment over the phone. I get the added lottery of the partial payment box when it appears is showing $ instead of € which is my local currency. 

I experienced a similar issue in 2022, and it was quite the ordeal considering NCL is an established company.

To cut a long story short, payment online (NCL site) and payment over the phone (NCL rep) would not go through (it went through perfectly fine for the original deposit) and it became quite frustrating as the amount was well below my daily limit on the Debit Card (on the card the funds are already there to cover the payment).

Several calls to my bank about the issue and numerous call transfers later it was finally resolved. 

My Banks automated security algorithms did not like the initial NCL transactions for whatever reason!, even with 2FA and the push notification being excepted with my pin.

P.S. Thanks for reminding me, I hope I don't have to go through that nonsense again 🤣

I just logged onto the NCL site to try a payment (to see if the issue occurs again) and I only see a final payment option that is not due for 6 weeks. . (I shall wait until closer to that date to pay, its a bit early to be giving NCL my hard earned beer tokens 😁 )

Edited by WexIrl
Happy Hump Day!

I had an issue with my check-in.  When putting the credit card that I wanted my ship board charges to go against, I kept getting rejected.  I called, but it was the weekend, and technical services is only available M-F.  However, I FINALLY figured out what was kicking it.....I was checking the box that indicated the address was the same as booking address.  Which is true.....but when it goes into the boxes at check-in it messes up the address by putting a city and state in where it only asks for City (or something similar).  I caught that by accident and when i cleaned up the address information, it took the payment it had rejected over multiple days!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 4/19/2023 at 3:40 AM, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

I had an issue with my check-in.  When putting the credit card that I wanted my ship board charges to go against, I kept getting rejected.  I called, but it was the weekend, and technical services is only available M-F.  However, I FINALLY figured out what was kicking it.....I was checking the box that indicated the address was the same as booking address.  Which is true.....but when it goes into the boxes at check-in it messes up the address by putting a city and state in where it only asks for City (or something similar).  I caught that by accident and when i cleaned up the address information, it took the payment it had rejected over multiple days!

Waking this topic to thank you! I have been so frustrated for a week or so, trying to get a payment through. Manually filling in the address, unclicking "same as..." made the trick! THANK YOU!  

I have no idea how come this became an issue. Everything worked well about two weeks ago. And then all of a sudden something broke. Anyway, next time it happens I'll know what to try!

• Like 2

I paid off our April cruise at the end of December. Then called to get a 2-day pre-cruise deviation (NCL BOGO promotion). They credited back our transfer. Not sure what happened, but in the process somehow I now owe 2 cents. Guess I need to call AGAIN! 

18 minutes ago, Maggie6195 said:

I paid off our April cruise at the end of December. Then called to get a 2-day pre-cruise deviation (NCL BOGO promotion). They credited back our transfer. Not sure what happened, but in the process somehow I now owe 2 cents. Guess I need to call AGAIN! 

2 cents?! Wow! 😁 Imagine getting your cruise cancelled over 2 cents! 😮

1 hour ago, Maggie6195 said:

I now owe 2 cents. Guess I need to call AGAIN! 

Personally, I'd just pay the 2 cents. But I'm loaded and can afford it. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maggie6195 said:

I had an issue where I know I put in a payment of X00 and NCL only charged my card X99.98. Not sure what that was all about. Guess I'll fimd out when I make another payment. Final payment isn't till Nov. so I have plenty of time.

OMG - I have been struggling with this payment problem for almost 2 weeks now and this address thing did the trick! One day approx 2 weeks ago I was doing happily shorex reservations and payments online through the NCL webpage and the next day (really, the next day) it just didn't go through anymore. I tried 5 different cards but always got a message of "try another card". I called NCL several times but to no avail - they couldn't understand what was wrong but said I am not the only person with this problem.

I just happened to come across this old thread as someone had resurfaced it (thank you, thank you thank you!) and decided to try the address thing. Unchecked the "use the same billing address as on your file" or whatever it said and just manually added my address. And voila - it worked! Couldn't be happier. 

Thank you cruisecritic members again - you are fantastic! 🥰

Edited by European_CruiseGirl
  • Like 2

I had this problem in early January after booking a cruise for March after final payment. When my TA put the payment in for the full amount, NCL only processed $13xx. The TA then had to put through another charge for the remaining amount but had no idea why NCL changed the total in the first try. The remainder went through fine the second time and we were paid in full. Then every time I’ve tried to book shorex or thermal spa passes on the NCL app or website it declines the charge. This has happened on multiple cards that have wide open credit lines, trying both MC & Visa. The NCL app/site then places multiple reservations for each declined attempt and sends me an email threatening to cancel my cruise reservation since I have an “overdue balance” for twice the amount & items I tried to book (eg. 4 thermal spa passes for 2 people). Then I have to call my TA, who has to call NCL and when an NCL agent processes the charge it goes through fine. I did try the “address trick” mentioned above with no success. NCL’s claim that “it is your card company not us” seems incredible (as in literally not credible).

@European_CruiseGirl can you check if you have the same problem with your profile as I do? I put in my country, and save but when I check my profile the country is gone again. (Scrolling all the way down to Sweden sucks, but i can live with that if it actually worked...)

I think that is what caused my payment issues. Your description is pretty much the same as what I went through! 

I wish there was somewhere to report these issues apart from calling.

6 hours ago, Asawi said:

@European_CruiseGirl can you check if you have the same problem with your profile as I do? I put in my country, and save but when I check my profile the country is gone again. (Scrolling all the way down to Sweden sucks, but i can live with that if it actually worked...)

I think that is what caused my payment issues. Your description is pretty much the same as what I went through! 

I wish there was somewhere to report these issues apart from calling.

Ah yes indeed @Asawi! I checked my profile and the country is blank! 

• Like 1