Anyone else noticing payment issues?

slpm1

I recently booked a cruise on Norwegian. I'm new to NCL and really have only been on one other cruise. I tried to make a payment online and keep getting declined. I called in and they were not able to get my payment to go through. I was using prepaid cards I received as a gift (which worked for the deposit) but also attempted with my regular credit card which was also declined (although I use it on a weekly basis). Has anyone noted issues with their payment platform? My final payment is in May so it's not a crisis. I also never get responses when I email the personal cruise consultant. They called me once but I have reached out three times in the last week wanting to upgrade my room but no response. If the date and itinerary weren't exactly what I wanted, I would consider another cruise line. Getting frustrated!

i see it happen a few times when my regular credit card provider will flag NCL transactions. i have to  log into the credit card website and then there is message that pop up where i have to check that yes that is a real charge and yes it is me using the card. once that is done i was able to re-submit my credit card details and the charge went thru successfully. check if you credit card website for any recent transactions that might be flagged

5 hours ago, slpm1 said:

I recently booked a cruise on Norwegian. I'm new to NCL and really have only been on one other cruise. I tried to make a payment online and keep getting declined. I called in and they were not able to get my payment to go through. I was using prepaid cards I received as a gift (which worked for the deposit) but also attempted with my regular credit card which was also declined (although I use it on a weekly basis). Has anyone noted issues with their payment platform? My final payment is in May so it's not a crisis. I also never get responses when I email the personal cruise consultant. They called me once but I have reached out three times in the last week wanting to upgrade my room but no response. If the date and itinerary weren't exactly what I wanted, I would consider another cruise line. Getting frustrated!

Our paid-in-full date was last week, and I couldn't get my first attempt to go through. Definitely wasn't a whole system issue, b/c my husband was paying for our second room under his name at the exact same time mine was declined. I tried a different credit card, and that worked. No clue why.

I had this issue for one of our rooms when paying through the app. Called and it went through just fine. Paid for the 2nd room on the website instead and again went through just fine. 

We had issues with the app when paying for shore excursions as well. It liked some, didn't like others 😕 

I would definitely call the Credit Card company, also alert them that you will be traveling so charges do not get declined while outside the US. We use a Debit Card for booking and need to inform the Bank prior to the transaction, they have a Max of $800.

20 minutes ago, erin21497 said:

I have one CC that is consistently declined by NCL even though I use it fine everywhere else with no problems.  It is very frustrating for sure!

NCL does decline cc payments. The card companies do. NCL just inputs your numbers and waits for approval form your cc company.

Thanks for the suggestions but I guess I am going to have to try their tech support. It is definitely on their end. I have tried two different credit cards from different banks and also three different prepaid cards from different vendors  (which get entered just like a credit card) and they have all declined instantly. The error message also tells me I am trying to set up auto payment, which I am not. I never ticked the box for that. 

I had the same issue with credit cards being declined when trying to pay for shore excursions online. I called and spoke to a rep this week and she acknowledged they were having some processing issues on the back end, and they are working to resolve them. 

So I don't think it is your card! When she ran my card on the phone, it went through. Still frustrating though.

On 3/1/2023 at 7:04 PM, slpm1 said:

for whatever reason, our Marriott Credit Card never works.  YOu have to call the 800 number, and tell them you need to have someone in "RD" (which is basically the supervisors) process the payment as the issue with our card is the 3 digit code.  Norwegian's system for some reason scrambles the number.  The card gets declined, but our bank never even gets the notice taht teh card was attempted to be used.  The supervisor's have a different system which allows them to key only the credit card and expiration date, no 3 digit code.  Works every time.  The only thing that sucks is sometimes we are on hold for 30 minutes to get someone.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is definitely a NCL issue. I've had this same issue a month ago. First try, card declined. Second try, payment accepted. I tried to make a payment today and it declined 3 different cards. I spoke with both my bank and credit card company and there is no issue on my end. I called NCL to pay over the phone and once again, its declining. I am not sure what to do now and my final payment date is approaching.

13 minutes ago, quinnrich said:

This is definitely a NCL issue. I've had this same issue a month ago. First try, card declined. Second try, payment accepted. I tried to make a payment today and it declined 3 different cards. I spoke with both my bank and credit card company and there is no issue on my end. I called NCL to pay over the phone and once again, its declining. I am not sure what to do now and my final payment date is approaching.

Do you have any payment restrictions on your cards, i.e., up to $xxx per transaction or $xxx per day? Sometimes that can be the issue. Good luck.

We booked, with our friends, a Panama Canal cruise with all the free at sea stuff and 2 for1 deposits.

We got ours OK but for some reason NCL decided to charge our friends credit card the full amount right away. A serious shock to their credit card and it had to be paid.

NCL apologized profusely and said they would refund immediately but it has now been 5 weeks and no refund.

Many calls and many apologies but no refunds.

I was the OP  and never was able to get the payment to work online. I called in and my prepaid cards (received as retirement gifts to take this trip) were all declined although we were able to use them online and in store with many other retailers. They were able to get my regular credit card to work making the payment by phone. I'm crossing my fingers that it works when I call in to make final payment. NCL really needs to fix this issue. Don't they want our money?

2 minutes ago, slpm1 said:

I called in and my prepaid cards (received as retirement gifts to take this trip) were all declined although we were able to use them online and in store with many other retailers.

that is the problem. cruise lines dont like  prepaid credit cards. you always need to use a regular credit card 

Also keep an eye on the original cost of your fare, I noticed mine had gone up €200 euro when I was making a payment last week. I’ve got a follow up on my to-do list but my final payment is due in September so plenty of time yet. 

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

that is the problem. cruise lines dont like  prepaid credit cards. you always need to use a regular credit card 

I also tried two regular credit cards( Chase and Citi)  online several times and got declines. The odd thing was my initial deposit was made online with a prepaid card and went through.  I even tried using a different computer and browser.  

17 minutes ago, slpm1 said:

I also tried two regular credit cards( Chase and Citi)  online several times and got declines. The odd thing was my initial deposit was made online with a prepaid card and went through.  I even tried using a different computer and browser.  

We’re you paying in full or just a partial amount? The website and app tends to croak if you try to make a partial payment rather than pay in full.

I was surprised that it accepted a cruise next credit on mine last week, I usually have to phone the customer tech support line. 

1 minute ago, eileeshb said:

We’re you paying in full or just a partial amount? The website and app tends to croak if you try to make a partial payment rather than pay in full.

I was surprised that it accepted a cruise next credit on mine last week, I usually have to phone the customer tech support line. 

Yes just partial payment. That could be the issue. So why offer that as an option?