Delay leaving Riviera Mar 2

caribcruzr

Where? Miami?  We had a delay in Miami three weeks ago as it took a long time for the ship to be cleared by the authorities before disembarkation could begin.  It was almost 9:00am before anyone was allowed off the ship.  

1 hour ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Marine Traffic plus portmiamiwbcam show Celebrity and Carnival are still there, too, at 11:00.  But I don't know when any of the 3 ships were scheduled to leave, or if they're doing turnarounds, or what.  

All three ships are doing a turnaround in Miami and are scheduled to sail later today. The OP was asking about a delay in disembarkation, which has nothing to do with what time the ship is scheduled to sail.

Regardless of whether it's a turnaround day or port call day, why would it be surprising or unusual that any ship would be in port at 11 am?

10 hours ago, caribcruzr said:

Does anyone know why the delay in debarking Rivera this morning?

It was a delay in clearing the ship.  CBP only allowed the first passengers to disembark at 0750 hours; we were the first to leave the ship, so I know the exact time.  Delays in clearance in Miami are common.

• Like 2

CBP may have been miffed at Oceania. Riviera was scheduled to be tied up (and ready for them) at 4AM. Here she is just entering Government Cut at 4:20 AM (no time stamp), then not completing her turnaround until 5 AM, she wasn’t tied up until 5:20.

The last pic confirms that none of that ruined wine or dinner, which came off as scheduled at the Polo Grill

361FF25C-2844-476E-BCCE-95654D2A539E.jpeg

AB9848F2-D453-4312-8D5F-878F80A38910.png

5333F48C-E288-44F6-9B44-71BA05324B84.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, InsGuy3 said:

Did not impact embarkation either, for us. We were all checked in and in our Suite at 11:15 am.Let the good times roll!!

We disembarked at our assigned time 8:45 am got luggage cleared customs in taxi and at MIA at 9:20

17 hours ago, Acrusa said:

We disembarked at our assigned time 8:45 am got luggage cleared customs in taxi and at MIA at 9:20

But it may well have impacted those people routinely posting here that sign up for the infamous 10:00 flight out of MIA to wherever. I bet I’ve seen 50 posts from people, over the past 5 years, wanting to know if the should ( or should have) booked that flight. You might be surprised at the number of responses telling them it’s fine, NO problem.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

But it may well have impacted those people routinely posting here that sign up for the infamous 10:00 flight out of MIA to wherever. I bet I’ve seen 50 posts from people, over the past 5 years, wanting to know if the should ( or should have) booked that flight. You might be surprised at the number of responses telling them it’s fine, NO problem.

THERE was a poster on the first  half of our cruise who posted got off at 7:30 and made his 10 am flight to Arizona