Help getting from Ravenna port to Bologna airport

cmpatel

We are booked on the Explorer of the Seas July 30-Aug 6. We are arriving in Venice a few days early and booked a city center transfer to get us to the port on the 30th. The problem is we are flying home out of Bologna on the 6th, and Royal Caribbean says they can't book an airport transfer for us. We have spoken to 2 different people. Any thoughts on how our family of 9 can get to the airport? Can we book an airport transfer once we're onboard or are there private shuttle services?

Not that it will comfort you much, but on any cruise that I have tried, I've been able to purchase a post-cruise transfer once on the ship from guest services.  I just go early in the cruise to in case they have a cut-off date.

For what it's worth, For my upcoming May cruise, I have purchased a bus transfer from Ravenna to Venice Airport, but I had to call twice to get it.  The first person didn't really know anything about it.  He said all he could sell me was a private car transfer, which made no sense.  So I ended that call and tried again the next day where I got a more knowledgeable agent who knew how to do it.

By the way, transfers to Bologna were offered last year by Royal.  Here is a photo of last years transfer schedule (from the ship) that someone else uploaded in another posting on the Europe-Italy forum.

Ravenna to VCE shuttle schedule - Previous Cruises.jpeg

Edited by MeHeartCruising

58 minutes ago, cmpatel said:

We are booked on the Explorer of the Seas July 30-Aug 6. We are arriving in Venice a few days early and booked a city center transfer to get us to the port on the 30th. The problem is we are flying home out of Bologna on the 6th, and Royal Caribbean says they can't book an airport transfer for us. We have spoken to 2 different people. Any thoughts on how our family of 9 can get to the airport? Can we book an airport transfer once we're onboard or are there private shuttle services?

Interesting; RCI have told me that they are not offering city centre transfers this year; they only have busses from

the airport - so you may want to check that?

RCI should, and I’m still awaiting confirmation that they are (otherwise everyone is stuck!), offer a shuttle to Ravenna train station, and you can catch a train to Bologna from there. 
From Bologna station there is a mono rail link straight to the airport 

https://www.marconiexpress.it/en/information/the-service/

Be aware that there are very few cabs in Ravenna. 

However friends have used this company ( the lady is English so no language issues) and recommend them highly. They use subcontractors for the Ravenna/Bologna route but the are vetted! 

https://www.vqtravels.com/who-we-are/

Trisha Perolari contact@vqtravels.com

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone for your help. I double checked with Royal Caribbean and we are indeed booked on a Venice City Center transfer to the port. They'll pick us up at the People mover in Isola del Tronchetto. Crazy that they told you they weren't offering city center transfers. I guess it depends who you talk to. We'll keep calling and trying to add post cruise airport transfers.

9 hours ago, cmpatel said:

Thank you everyone for your help. I double checked with Royal Caribbean and we are indeed booked on a Venice City Center transfer to the port. They'll pick us up at the People mover in Isola del Tronchetto. Crazy that they told you they weren't offering city center transfers. I guess it depends who you talk to. We'll keep calling and trying to add post cruise airport transfers.

I’ve got it in email from

them that no transfers offered from

Tronchetto!