Information Please

Hoping that some of the seasoned RCCL cruises can provide some information:

DW and I have 2 cruises scheduled (back to back 7 days) for September.  When signing into RCCL and into "Plan My Cruise", it shows "You have $$$ to spend on pre-cruise purchases!"  

Question:  Does this OBC actually have to be used "pre-cruise" or does it simply go on the account for use anytime during the cruise?

Thanks in advance for any information.

15 minutes ago, whitecap said:

DW and I have 2 cruises scheduled (back to back 7 days) for September.  When signing into RCCL and into "Plan My Cruise", it shows "You have $$$ to spend on pre-cruise purchases!"  

Question:  Does this OBC actually have to be used "pre-cruise" or does it simply go on the account for use anytime during the cruise?

Whatever is not spent will get moved over to your on board account for use on the ship

44 minutes ago, whitecap said:

since we rarely purchase anything pre-cruise we just let the onboard credit roll over to our account on the ship and use it during our cruise….

Agree to above, they are advertising and trying to light a fire so it burns a hole in your pocket.  Any OBC not used as PBC (pre board credit) will still be OBC (onboard credit) once onboard....grin.