Norway excursions

I am on the Carnival Pride to Norway on June 9. Stops in Bergen, Alesund, Molde, Olden, Skjolden, and Haugesund

Just wondering from people who have already done a Norway cruise about the availability of private excursions when you get off the ship in each port? I know on our Alaskan cruise last year there were all kinds of private tours to be found right at the pier when getting off the ship, for far cheaper than the cruise lines were offering. Does anyone know if this is an option in these Norwegian ports of call, or should I be looking at pre-booking? I know for Bergen & Alesund I can get the hop on hop off bus, but not sure about the other ports. TIA

No private tours available at the pier.
Bergen and Ålesund ‘bigger’ cities and HoHo available - both have DIY options.

Olden has shuttle busses to Briksdal Glacier and Loen Skylift viewpoint.

Molde, Olden, Skjolden and Haugesund are all very tiny towns with very few options - any excursion in these towns must be planned and often pre booked.

Molde and Skjolden are in the deep fjords with scenic cruising early morning and the evening - plan for viewing in the morning - evening might conflict with dinner and other activities.

You need to prepare in advance if you want excursions in the port of call - there might not even be a taxi available. 

• Like 1

Bergen: Hanseatic Museum tour and visit, walking distance from port. Recommend buying tour tickets in advance.

Alesund: Many tours depart from area adjacent to port. On busy days tickets to be arranged in advance, or you can take a chance and check availability when you arrive.

Alesund Museum is a short walk from port and includes some interesting exhibits about local history. 

• 2 weeks later...