Question about boarding times.

AtleeH

I've asked this question in the middle of another thread.  Knowing it might not be read, I'll ask the question in it's on thread.

Somewhere in all the documents and information published by HAL, I read all passengers had to be onboard at least 1 hour before scheduled departure.  The Rotterdam is scheduled to get underway at 03:00 PM.  My just received time to board is 02:00 PM.  It will be impossible for all passengers to be on board 1 hour before the 3 pm departure.  

Has HAL screwed up here?

This cruise, when it was originally being sold, was scheduled to depart at 04:00 PM.  On 11/11/22, we got a notice from HAL that the new departure time was 3 pm.  The notice also said all guests must be on checked in by 2 pm.  I don't see how all guests can be on board 1 hour before departure, when our Group J is supposed to start checking in 1 hr (02:00 PM) before departure.

Based on my experience of boarding most recently this past November (Nieuw Statendam, Port Everglades as well as 3 other cruises since the unpleasantness), boarding times do not matter.  

We arrived at 10am ish and were welcomed to check in and we were onboard by 11:45am.  Boarding began at 11:30am.  Boarding is so efficient now you will never stop moving until you are in the waiting area. 

Ignore the boarding time and enjoy the Rotterdam....she is a beauty. 

• Like 1

I would just show up earlier and board. Last year in Trieste (Venice) we had a 2:00pm boarding time on the Oosterdam and we were at the terminal at 11:00am and on the ship by 11:30 with no questions or problems. BTW when I called HAL about the late boarding time, I was informed that I could show up earlier without a problem.