Obstructed balcony, Rotterdam

olya1972

We were assigned cabin 4157- an obstructed balcony room on Rotterdam. On deck plans it appears that this room is located in between two life boats. Does anyone have the photos of the balcony of this ( or similarly situated ) cabins? I found some photos and videos of obstructed balconies on Rotterdam, but none that are located between two life boats. Thank You.

I did all of that and I did not find what I was looking for. This cabin is towards the aft. The boats there obstructing the view appear to be not regular life boats, but something else- there are fewer of them then in midship section and they are larger.

Just off the Rotterdam in January in an obstructed view. Generally a room between lifeboats will have a view of the structure that lowers the boats. These are higher than the lifeboats. Looking across a lifeboat is a somewhat less obstructed view. We don’t mind the obstructed view cabins at all and opt for them if we can’t get an aft view.

34 minutes ago, CruzR887 said:

Just off the Rotterdam in January in an obstructed view. Generally a room between lifeboats will have a view of the structure that lowers the boats. These are higher than the lifeboats. Looking across a lifeboat is a somewhat less obstructed view. We don’t mind the obstructed view cabins at all and opt for them if we can’t get an aft view.

Thank You. This is what I figured it to be also. I would prefer to be right across lifeboat from the videos and photos I have seen. The cruise seems to be sold out, so I don’t think I will be able to change the room location or buy an upgrade. Will try calling HAL inventory and Club Orange tomorrow.

These ships seems to be selling out recently so you might not be able to change rooms.  I've been on RD in obstructed and this time I will have one of the rooms between the lifeboats.  But, I am not bothered by this.  Most of the time I'm in my balcony relaxing, enjoying the sun or reading a book.  I can always pop down onto the promenade or up to that wonderful walking area on the top deck if I want to get a real good look at something.  I think you will really enjoy your stateroom.  Have fun.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AKJonesy said:

These ships seems to be selling out recently so you might not be able to change rooms.  I've been on RD in obstructed and this time I will have one of the rooms between the lifeboats.  But, I am not bothered by this.  Most of the time I'm in my balcony relaxing, enjoying the sun or reading a book.  I can always pop down onto the promenade or up to that wonderful walking area on the top deck if I want to get a real good look at something.  I think you will really enjoy your stateroom.  Have fun.  

Sounds good to me. Thank You.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are in 4145 and have no problem with it. You can't see directly into water but your view is still there and most importantly better price and AIR. This will not stop you from enjoying your balcony. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...