APEX

stevetod

My wife and I are elite level with Celebrity. March 25th we are sailing on the Apex for the first time. We booked Aqua class and thus dining in Blu. I was wondering if they allow ordering off the main dining menu if nothing hits us on the Blu menu. Also any suggestions or tips for the Apex would be welcomed.

Steve

When I was on Apex last summer, I looked at the menus in the app and used that to decide where to dine on a given evening. 

Apex was my first Celebrity cruise so I'll let others weigh in on what's different! I enjoyed checking out the different live music venues. I thought Eden bar was really fun for a cocktail.

Just off the Apex yesterday and we were AQ and in Blu.

My friend was given the main dining room menus each night.  No problem at all.   

The staff were fantastic.  Ask for the sisters Fitri and Angelia.  They were wonderful.  

Generally the answer is on on Apex especially since there are 4 MDR rooms to choose from. If you don’t like the Blu menu then go to the MDR that you like that night. 

the Blu menu isn’t weird but there is an edge to it  so that word makes you nervous then maybe AQ isn’t the right choice. 

51 minutes ago, stevetod said:

My wife and I are elite level with Celebrity. March 25th we are sailing on the Apex for the first time. We booked Aqua class and thus dining in Blu. I was wondering if they allow ordering off the main dining menu if nothing hits us on the Blu menu. Also any suggestions or tips for the Apex would be welcomed.

Steve

Don't be in any hurry to board the Apex. We are on the cruise before yours. 😂 First time on the Apex for us or any E class ship. 

• Like 1

Oops and to answer your other question.  Apex is a beautiful ship!  It was packed with a very energetic group of passengers (a good thing) 

The shows were actually great, and some nice varied music venues to go to

We ate lunch in the Eden Cafe a couple of times.  Lovely small venue and quiet.  

The Eden restaurant was delish but pricey 

While we had the premium beverage package, it was disappointing to see that some drinks were even above our price point.  

Overall a fantastic week   

5 minutes ago, tfred said:

Generally the answer is on on Apex especially since there are 4 MDR rooms to choose from. If you don’t like the Blu menu then go to the MDR that you like that night. 

the Blu menu isn’t weird but there is an edge to it  so that word makes you nervous then maybe AQ isn’t the right choice. 

Good point.  We have stayed in AQ before and while we love the ambiance of Blu, think we may be done with AQ because their menu needs work.  Don’t see how they can call themselves healthy or clean eating yet serve varied deep fried unappetizing appetizers.  

58 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

Good point.  We have stayed in AQ before and while we love the ambiance of Blu, think we may be done with AQ because their menu needs work.  Don’t see how they can call themselves healthy or clean eating yet serve varied deep fried unappetizing appetizers.  

Then don't order them. There are other selections. I'm in favor of variety. I like deep fried and usually appetizing. 

Thanks all for the info and comments. I have booked Aqua several times and enjoy Blu most of the time especially breakfast. We do always run into a couple of times where the menu that night was not to our liking and we would order off the main dining room menu. Just did not know with the Apex whether they offered the ability to do so.

Eden Cafe Tip:  If you plan to eat  breakfast, lunch, or snack from Eden Cafe note that it is only open on sea days for a very short window.  So, you will need to be fairly intentional about dining at Eden Cafe.  

Edited by Cap_D

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 12:05 PM, stevetod said:

Steve

We always do Aqua class and they have always let us order off main dining 

We sailed on Aoex last September in Aqua Class.  We viewed the 4 main dining menus before dinner on the App and were able to order from them in Blu, On the 10 day cruise we ordered a couple of unique appetizers and one main dish from the Main dining and the waiter was eager to make us happy.  Enjoy your cruise!