POA Hawaii sailaway question

mooline

Hi everyone,

Wondering is any of you had advice regarding Honolulu sailaway on POA. We're a family of 6, including 2 littles, ages 6 and 11.

Since we're scheduled to leave at 7 pm and I'm assuming that room service isn't available before leaving port (because all of the staff are so busy) we're thinking about pre-ordering NCL's sandwiches, fruit, cheese, and cookies to have a light dinner as we head out to sea. We're in suites with nice balconies, so this seemed like a good option and a way to enjoy the scenery without the crowd.

BUT: is this a nutty idea, given that so much food is available free of charge on the ship? How good is NCL's pre-ordered food?

Should we just plan to eat at the buffet around 5:30 or 6 pm along with the rest of the world, or maybe the dining room...but I'd be afraid we'd really need to rush through the meal in order to get back to the room before we shove off. Also, we have early shore excursions the next day, and none of us are late night people, if that helps you to give us guidance.

Any ideas/thoughts, or firsthand experiences are welcomed! Thanks so much!

6 hours ago, lizygirl3 said:

Eat in the buffet or get the food from the buffet on trays and bring it to your balcony. Their is all kind of stuff to make sandwiches.

I agree with the Buffet idea - you could even take Pizza for the kids up to your suite