Meraviglia - my thoughts - we had a blast

travelingtink

19 minutes ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

The buffet bar.  It only has beer and wine... and only Heinikin on tap... which was empty of course.

OH DANG!  Ok, that is correct, but no beer or wine at the buffet bar?  What the?? 

Neither my husband or I are beer drinkers.  As long as they have a decent cab for my husband and a decent champagne for me (last cruise on Divina it was Nicholas Feuillatte), we will be set! 

Thanks for your review.  We are doing Seaside in Sept.  Seaside reviews seem very scarce!

7 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Neither my husband or I are beer drinkers.  As long as they have a decent cab for my husband and a decent champagne for me (last cruise on Divina it was Nicholas Feuillatte), we will be set! 

Thanks for your review.  We are doing Seaside in Sept.  Seaside reviews seem very scarce!

My son was on the Seaside, he loved it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, travelingtink said:

Be prepared for long lines, or plan to walk to a farther away to a less busy bar. Also, some bars will run out of some drinks and if you are the type that wants a specific brand, you may have to hunt it down elsewhere. No issue for me, I just accepted a different brand but for others, it really upsets them. Do I think MSC should do better? Yes! Does it ruin my cruise? Not in the least.

Good to know, thank you!! Also... we cant seem to find which night(s) are the shows!? Did you go to them? Worth it? 

16 hours ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

They had (some) wine, but no beer at all on the last day.  That was a common theme throughout the cruise... items not in stock.

Do you remember if the buffet bar had sparkling wine and/or Prosecco?

• Like 1

On the Meraviglia sailing to Mexico. First time on this ship. We are in a Deluxe Balcony, but space is very limited for storage. Small closet and only two tiny drawers, so pack sparingly. 
We are “Diamond “ passengers because of our status on another cruise line. We had dinner at Ocean Cay last night complimented. It was a nice well prepared meal with good service, but we wouldn’t have paid out of pocket.

We were going to watch a movie on stateroom television, but all are pay per view and they were not first run.

We have sailed a multitude of lines and all have pros and cons, but almost any day at sea is better than being on land.

Glad to hear you had a blast, we will be on the Meraviglia in a couple weeks. Hope the shortages were just temporary shoreside stocking issues. When we were on Seashore, they did run out of a couple different sodas (Sprite zero or 7 Up Zero and Coke Zero the last couple days of a weeklong cruise, but the still had diet Coke.) Some of the busier bars would occasionally run out of specific liquors late in the evening, but would typically be restocked the next day. Not aware of them actually totally running out of any alcohol ship wide though. 

There's a champagne bar?!?!    If so, what do they offer?

Just booked for November to try out MSC for ourselves while conveniently from NYC.   I'm trying not to get too excited about any cruise line these days!   Even the ones I've been on many times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mizLORInj said:

Just booked for November to try out MSC for ourselves while conveniently from NYC.   I'm trying not to get too excited about any cruise line these days!   Even the ones I've been on many times. 

They had a bunch, and even offered specials from time to time.  My wife was excited, they offered Veuve.  I'm not a sparkly guy, so not sure if there were nicer ones.

4 hours ago, smokey01 said:

Do you remember if the buffet bar had sparkling wine and/or Prosecco?

Yes, I drank my fair share of Prosecco while dining in the buffet area in January.  😀

Edited by Sadebud
corrected spelling

4 hours ago, Mpsenn said:

We have sailed a multitude of lines and all have pros and cons, but almost any day at sea is better than being on land.

I say this all the time! 

Edited by travelingtink

2 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

Yes, it’s on deck 7. I meant to visit but never got around to it. 
They also have fresh seafood to pair with the bubbles,