Attire reality

lhsail

3 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

I’m on board now! Our ship is lovely. AmaStella has great decor, which we have added to with our Easter embellishments. 
live had a shower using my spa quality toiletries (Pure Herbs) so I now smell amazing. I love the soap embedded with petals. Haven’t worn my plush terry yet, it is more of a waffle with a cotton lining. Not opened the slippers yet either.

Nice surprise - we get 2 free bags of laundry!

Tonight I have on my blingy sandals, silky trousers and a nice top. Hubby is wearing a linen shirt, no tie or jacket.

Off for a pre prandial libation.

Cheers

Do you get two free bags of laundry because you are a repeat passenger, or does everyone get this?

I’m a first timer. I will find out if everyone has got the free laundry or if it is because of our room category.

Detective work begins…. Knowing me I will put my foot in it and ask someone who hasn’t got the free laundry and they will get hacked off about it!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

Tonight I have on my blingy sandals, silky trousers and a nice top. Hubby is wearing a linen shirt, no tie or jacket.

No tie or jacket and you're all dressy? Time for a change of husband perhaps?

2 hours ago, Canal archive said:

We’ve all been there Kristal ask your cabin attendant, cos I don’t think you have butler’s on AMA mind you the cabin guys and girls on any river cruise line are most probably very clued up.

I have a card in my room that says “butler service” on the revers it says I can have 2 garments ironed per day plus shoes polished! So no worries with the linen shirt. But my packing methodology ensured very few wrinkles. 
Pontac, I think I’ll stick with the old boy, in spite of the lack of tie last night. Tonight is the welcome party and he will be putting on the ritz then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

I’ve made a few enquiries and it seems we all have 2 free laundry loads, it’s only 1 if it’s a 7 day cruise.

We had a fabulous day at Keukenhof gardens and I’m now sitting in the sunshine on the balcony.

729B227F-265B-42F7-B624-63A56DF738AF.thumb.jpeg.4b45cfcd0ee8d8b3f6c4ed668dba8aa4.jpeg4C036A36-B9BC-42AA-AA1E-9E74A70C842E.thumb.jpeg.a5e274435490dfc14c2929bbd7c227d1.jpeg

Thank you. Anything is welcome. My husband claims I’m an artist at stuffing the laundry bag. 

Beautiful flowers. 

We have had laundry done. Great service. Everything was returned the same day, shirts beautifully ironed and our socks paired up.

There are some other benefits to our AA cabin. The butler delivers snacks every evening then a dessert later. Just a small petit four type thing. But the food on board is so abundant we often don’t eat the butler snack.

The excursions have all been excellent and today we are hiking in a valley.

Happy Easter!

Last night we attended the APT special event. An evening of Mozart and Strauss music, both orchestra and opera, in the Prince of Liechtenstein’s palace in Vienna.

I was glad I had packed something to dress up in for that event. Annoyingly it was raining so we had to gallop from the buses to the entrance and my feet got a bit wet in my blingy sandals.

Packing has begun, we head home on Monday.

Amastella has been a great introduction to river cruising for us.

On 4/15/2023 at 8:07 AM, Kristal Blade said:

Last night we attended the APT special event. An evening of Mozart and Strauss music, both orchestra and opera, in the Prince of Liechtenstein’s palace in Vienna.

I was glad I had packed something to dress up in for that event. Annoyingly it was raining so we had to gallop from the buses to the entrance and my feet got a bit wet in my blingy sandals.

Packing has begun, we head home on Monday.

Amastella has been a great introduction to river cruising for us.

Hello, 

Question:  By being glad you packed something to dress up in for the event, what exactly did you pack?  I am wondering for you and for a man.  We will be attending the same event in May off of the AmaBella.  Thanks, Bill

Sorry, I pressed send before I finished!

My tunic top looked smart as it hangs almost to my knees. Other ladies wore dresses, both long and short sleeved. It rained the night we went so we all had jackets but there is a cloakroom where you can leave things. I had a sparkly necklace too.

My husband wore a shirt and tie, long trousers (I don’t think shorts would be appropriate even in the height of summer) and he had on a linen jacket. I think only a couple of men wore ties. Most just wore button down collar shirts, no jacket and chino style trousers.

By May it will be much warmer so I think you won’t need a jacket.

Have a great time!