A Royal Caribbean Cruise Insurance Scenario - Would they Cover this?

jencruzin

We decided to just get the upcoming 12-day cruise with RCL and got their cruise insurance. I'm thinking of this scenario:

Schedule for arrival back into Southampton has us in port at 0530. We have a self-ordered bus line booked, departing Southampton back to LHR 0700.

What if the ship experiences a delay in arrival, and we miss that bus? Is this classified as an interruption? Would we be covered?

56 minutes ago, jencruzin said:

We decided to just get the upcoming 12-day cruise with RCL and got their cruise insurance. I'm thinking of this scenario:

Schedule for arrival back into Southampton has us in port at 0530. We have a self-ordered bus line booked, departing Southampton back to LHR 0700.

What if the ship experiences a delay in arrival, and we miss that bus? Is this classified as an interruption? Would we be covered?

I would double check if there is any required minimum time allowance, even if it's covered in general.

There is no way we'd schedule that tightly when arriving at a final port with customs/immigration (or is this strictly a UK cruise?) when heading to an airport.   Unless there's plenty of time to catch a later bus (and also allow for traffic, etc.).

GC

5 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

I would double check if there is any required minimum time allowance, even if it's covered in general.

There is no way we'd schedule that tightly when arriving at a final port with customs/immigration (or is this strictly a UK cruise?) when heading to an airport.   Unless there's plenty of time to catch a later bus (and also allow for traffic, etc.).

GC

THe outbound flight from LHR to IAD is at 1230, I'm thinking ahead but maybe we would be ok, given the travel from Southampton to LHR. But thanks for the advice.

When you ask "would it be covered?" What is it you're looking for?

You miss the bus, you catch another transportation option. You miss the flight, the airline books you on a later flight.  What are your losses and what kind of monetary reimbursement are you looking for?

In this scenario, I could see maybe filing a Trip Delay and maybe being reimbursed for an extra hotel night and meals (up to max policy allowable).

Then again, if the insurance company determined that you missed everything only due to bad planning on your part, then it may be denied.