Jewelry and other accessory packing hacks

On 5/19/2023 at 12:16 PM, nolatravelgirl said:

It isn't the most beautiful solution but I bought some of the small ziploc bags for jewelry and just pack those in a bigger ziploc baggie. You can see everything easily and nothing gets tangled with other items. 

2023-05-19_11-12-22.jpg

Same! This works so well!

For chains take a piece of cardboard, or a business card and make three slits inthe top.  Skip the chain in the two outer slits the wrap the chain around the card then slip the pendent into the center slot.  Slip that into a ziplock and you won’t have tangled chains.

I also buy those small plastic bags in the jewelry aisle if HL, but I get the small ones (2x3) and separate my daily medications. Or earrings and rings.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, LuauQueen said:

Do you roll it to pack?

I got this thing from Amazon, thought I'd roll it.  But the little plastic 'holders' for earrings and stuff ... they're open at the top.  I'm concerned things would fall out until I hung the thing up.  Necklaces go on the other side, so if you roll it they might get all tangled.  Gotta ponder this one.  It's is big enough to hold all the jewelry for 6 women!  I might cut off a few rows off the bottom.  

I bought a SMALL jewelry box from Amazon (tho coulda got it from Temu for a fraction of the price).

But when I did carry on only to Europe last month, I bought some small baggies off Amazon.

(about the size of 2-3 square coasters if stacked)

I put 1 jewelry item in each baggie then shoved them all in small pouch.

I loved how small & light it was & how nothing got tangled.

I DO love the box better tho--I like to open it up & see everything easily.

But when I have to consider size & weight of everything going in my bag, the baggie system is great.

(I also used those baggies for my meds...used label maker to on each one. 

I also have a larger Amazon organized about the same size as my jewelry case)

• 1 month later...

I pack only necklaces and my hack now is Saran Wrap (cling film). Just lay out a piece put your necklace on top and then fold it like a little envelope. It’s flexible to pack, absolutely no tangling, works for any kind of necklace.

• Thanks 1

I received a small drawstring jewelry pouch as a gift several years ago and it works very well. When you own the drawstrings it lies flat and has separate compartments inside, Pull and tie the draw strings and it's a small secure pouch that can be easily tucked in a purse or carry on.

It's like this one:

Amazon.com: TropicaZona Drawstring Jewelry Pouch by Marisa D'Amico (Fabric will not be restocked; Order while supplies last.) : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

• Like 1