Afternoon Tea

firstcruise91

On 3/6/2023 at 3:59 PM, firstcruise91 said:

Where, besides the Hotel Frontenac, can you have a nice afternoon tea experience?

None that I've heard of over the years and we go 1-2 times per year. There are a handful of great tea shops-- just not offering an afternoon tea service like you get at the Chateau Frontenac. The tea service they offer is nice but only once a week and is more of a Fairmont brand standard than a QC tradition-- tea service in QC isn't really a thing. 

Montreal on the other hand has a bunch of great options including the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth and Ritz Carlton Hotel if you are stopping there at all on your trip. 

Thank you all for your information.  We prefer not to do this with as a shore excursion.  I have been doing research and found Auberge Saint-Antoine might give it a try.  I realize that the Frontenac is the best and I agree.  However it is time to be adventuresome and try something new.  I will post a review when we return from cruise.  princeton 123211  you are so right abut the Fairmount Queen Elizabeth.  Have you ever had afternoon tea at the York in Toronto?

16 minutes ago, firstcruise91 said:

Have you ever had afternoon tea at the York in Toronto?

A very long time ago. Was at the Royal York just before the pandemic and the lobby was thoroughly renovated and was much more geared towards bars and lounges. 

If I had to pick a favorite Fairmont afternoon tea it would still be at The Empress in Victoria. I still can't go to Quebec City and not go to the Chateau Frontenac, at very least for a drink-- when in Rome...