Princess App

Just a warning to anyone sailing Princess in the near future. Check your Boarding Pass. We are on the Grand tomorrow and our boarding pass and the copy of our vaccinations had been deleted in the last couple of days. We were back to Blue lane. Had to redo and get a new boarding pass, of course at a much later time. We are not the only one this has happened to, I think there may be a lot. Ondine said there had been an update to the app, so this may have caused it. Some may only find out when they do their RAT test today.

Just an unofficial tip in case of last-minute issues, or indeed no phone signal/slow app response at the terminal - Take a Screen Capture of Your Green Lane with Boarding Letter as soon as you have it showing on your phone. If all else fails, show the captured image for access to the terminal and check-in scanning. 

• Like 4

I have just got off the phone with the Princess Medalion representative. She confirmed that I am in the Green Lane, but they are having trouble at their end and not to worry about the App not displaying the green lane status. Easy for her to say. If the app corrects itself and goes back to Green lane, I will follow Geoff's suggestion. Thanks

• Like 1

I’ve just checked the App too, yep back to the Blue Lane! When I go in to re-enter my details they are still in the system but everything is ‘greyed out’ so can’t change anything. Although on the front screen it’s saying I haven’t filled these sections in, it’s really screwed itself up! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ The App was ‘behaving itself’, until just now. Also when I look at the boarding time it still says 12.00 - 12.30pm, Group A. I’ll just leave it & check back again in a few days. Unfortunately I didn’t take a screenshot of the bar code when we were at the Green Lane, bugger!! 😫😫

1 hour ago, Busy Mum said:

I’ve just checked the App too, yep back to the Blue Lane! When I go in to re-enter my details they are still in the system but everything is ‘greyed out’ so can’t change anything. Although on the front screen it’s saying I haven’t filled these sections in, it’s really screwed itself up! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ The App was ‘behaving itself’, until just now. Also when I look at the boarding time it still says 12.00 - 12.30pm, Group A. I’ll just leave it & check back again in a few days. Unfortunately I didn’t take a screenshot of the bar code when we were at the Green Lane, bugger!! 😫😫

We have been on three Princess and two P&O cruises from the BICT since cruising re-started. It was only on our June cruise that they looked at the screen on our phone to see if we were in the green lane. On the following four cruises, no-one looked at it.

• Thanks 1

We've just gone back to Blue for our upcoming March 21st cruise but we're still Group A. We'll see what happens closer to embarkation day when I update the health info. Unfortunately that cruise doesn't start embarking until 2:30pm so I'm going to miss out on my MDR lunch! 😪😪😪 

1 hour ago, Busy Mum said:

I've just installed an update of the app. That might help. It didn't change the Lane status but it does seem to work faster.

Don't worry too much about Green versus Blue Lane. It really doesn't make much difference. Last year we had Green Lane on one cruise and the terminal staff still went through everything step by step, and on another cruise we had Blue Lane but they saw our info on their devices and all we had to do was show our IDs and vaccination certificates. Go figure!

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've just installed an update of the app. That might help. It didn't change the Lane status but it does seem to work faster.

Thank you, I’ll give that a try! Vicki. 🤞🙂

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Don't worry too much about Green versus Blue Lane. It really doesn't make much difference. Last year we had Green Lane on one cruise and the terminal staff still went through everything step by step, and on another cruise we had Blue Lane but they saw our info on their devices and all we had to do was show our IDs and vaccination certificates. Go figure!

Doing the update didn’t change anything. I’m not going to worry about it & wait to see what happens at the Port. Thanks again for your thoughts & suggestions. Vicki. 😀

12 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

Doing the update didn’t change anything. I’m not going to worry about it & wait to see what happens at the Port. Thanks again for your thoughts & suggestions. Vicki. 😀

I'm sure you won't have any problems. Have a great cruise.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Normanville said:

The problem was the vaccination certificates had been deleted and that cancelled our boarding passes. Will see how we get on tomorrow.

Did you try uploading the vaccination certificates on the web version?

From our experience, a screen shot is a necessity once green and boarding group showing. Of the six recent Princess cruises, many people had issues with App on boarding day or in boarding queue. They are quite strict on sighting that Green Lane and boarding group.