Will the Borealis TENDER in Flam July 23rd 2023?

ace2542

45 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

We where told when we booked it it woud not but website says it will yet looking online it seems to the only ship in Flam port that day so surely it should get the dock side?

I got this link from "What's in Port" and it looks like the local port website.  Which website are you looking at? 

https://www.flamport.no/ship-arrivals2021

It does look like she is the only ship in port and there is a column in which it says Kai or Anker for each ship visits.  I am thinking that means what it sounds like to us, though I have no knowledge of Norwegian.  Anyway in the line for Borealis 23.7 it says Kai, as it does for most visits.  Also gives the port  times.  I would perhaps suggest ringing Fred, but in the past I have usually found the port authority sites are more accurate than any cruise line information.  Could change of course.

Edited by tring

54 minutes ago, tring said:

I got this link from "What's in Port" and it looks like the local port website.  Which website are you looking at? 

https://www.flamport.no/ship-arrivals2021

It does look like she is the only ship in port and there is a column in which it says Kai or Anker for each ship visits.  I am thinking that means what it sounds like to us, though I have no knowledge of Norwegian.  Anyway in the line for Borealis 23.7 it says Kai, as it does for most visits.  Also gives the port  times.  I would perhaps suggest ringing Fred, but in the past I have usually found the port authority sites are more accurate than any cruise line information.  Could change of course.

So it will dock then?

We attend a cruise agency event at which the rep told me that it did not tender. That is why we booked it. My father my or may not struggle if it does need tender. I think he would be OK but I know the nice lady who died on QE in Cambodia. She was my RE teacher back in the day. A real nice lady. We have pre booked the flam railway directly with that company to ensure that we got seats. I thnk it is a big mis-sell if the tender info is not correct.

50 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

So it will dock then?

We attend a cruise agency event at which the rep told me that it did not tender. That is why we booked it. My father my or may not struggle if it does need tender. I think he would be OK but I know the nice lady who died on QE in Cambodia. She was my RE teacher back in the day. A real nice lady. We have pre booked the flam railway directly with that company to ensure that we got seats. I thnk it is a big mis-sell if the tender info is not correct.

If she was not supposed to be tendering when you booked, then highly unlike that she will do.  Over many many cruises the only time that happened to us is in Charlottetown Canada when we were there early season and they had an oil tanker at the keyside.  Seems that is the first time they had been able to get the tanker in since the winter due to ice and they were running out of fuel for the town - so could hardly feel bad about that. 

If it is important to you though, I would always check with the written itinerary when you actually make the booking, rather than rely on an agent making an general statement without looking at a particular itinerary.  Often itineraries say "possible tender" and that is what will be done if there is any doubt, but in practice the ships can often dock anyway, but of course depends upon the port.

17 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

I know it doesn’t help for this year but we docked in Flåm last year on Borealis.

FDFF4E8D-7328-45DD-9E2D-B55328681E73.thumb.jpeg.dfe2effbba0a3ecf705d1ed05138aeee.jpeg

If it is the only ship there I suspect it will do the same espeically with the older crowd onboard