Port Canaveral without a car

TSUmom

We are leaning toward staying at one of the newer hotels in Port Canaveral either Hampton Inn or Home 2 suites.  We will not have a car and were wondering how walking is in the area?  It does not look like there is much on that side of the main road as far as dining near these hotels.  Thank you in advance for any thoughts or ideas.

I recently stayed further down at Four Points by Sheraton, which is right next to Ron Jon Surf shop, we didn't have a car either, and there is a lot to do around that area, it's 2 blocks to the beach, there are tons of restaurants around there, there is a CVS,Walgreens, and Wynn Dixie across the street, and minature golf a block away. 

• Like 1

No car needed!

You are surrounded by few but pretty good restaurants - Thai Thai, Preacher Bar, Zachary’s, Zarella’s,  etc. 

walking is safe and flat. You can even walk to the restaurants at the Port from there if you want.

you can easily travel further south to Publix, Cocoa Beach Pier, etc. by hopping on the trolley ($1.50) at the stop across the road at the Residence Inn. Return by trolley too. 

Edited by SteerageJoe
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, SteerageJoe said:

No car needed!

You are surrounded by few but pretty good restaurants - Thai Thai, Preacher Bar, Zachary’s, Zarella’s,  etc. 

walking is safe and flat. You can even walk to the restaurants at the Port from there if you want.

you can easily travel further south to Publix, Cocoa Beach Pier, etc. by hopping on the trolley ($1.50) at the stop across the road at the Residence Inn. Return by trolley too. 

Thank you!  I was not aware of a trolly that would take us to CB pier and DH was hoping to spend some time there.  I just might look at flying in 2 days pre-cruise so we can spend time in CB and check out restaurants near the pier.  

16 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

Thank you!  I was not aware of a trolly that would take us to CB pier and DH was hoping to spend some time there.  I just might look at flying in 2 days pre-cruise so we can spend time in CB and check out restaurants near the pier.  

https://321transit.com/route-stops/route9/14/map/0/weekday

most visitors do not know about the trolley. You can even pay with the Token Transit app! 

another option is to rent a bicycle. The area is perfect for cycling on the beach or along the wide sidewalks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TSUmom said:

Be sure to check out Sandbar Sports Grill on Ocean Beach Blvd about 10 blocks south of the Pier. It is our go to when in CB. Indoor/outdoor fun place for lunch or dinner, and great food and drinks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm -- thanks for the idea.

I was thinking of renting a car after my cruise and either heading directly to the airport or staying in Orlando.  Never thought of staying in Port Canaveral for a day or two (and then rent a car but not during the disembarkation rush).

Edited by xcell
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, noshoobie said:

Be sure to check out Sandbar Sports Grill on Ocean Beach Blvd about 10 blocks south of the Pier. It is our go to when in CB. Indoor/outdoor fun place for lunch or dinner, and great food and drinks!

Thank you for this suggestion....I always enjoy trying recommended places to eat and drink!

We stayed at Home2Suites and loved this hotel...great amenities. We had a rental car (went to KSP) however the hotel has menus from many local restaurants that did deliver.

• Thanks 1