New shore ex when port changes?

CruiserN1

HAL informed us last night that we will not be calling at Barbados as scheduled on our March 18 cruise and instead we will be calling at St. Vincent and Grenadines. This is a bummer because we had a snorkeling catamaran trip booked (on our own) that we were really looking forward to. I'm not finding any good options for a snorkeling trip in SVG. Does HAL typically arrange new shore ex when a port changes? As of now nothing has been posted.

I could be wrong,  but I don't know that HAL stops there often. So they may have limited contracted vendors to use. They may need to set up relationships with other CCL cruise line vendors.  In other words, it may take some time. You may also be advised of additional tours when you board the ship.

There will be new excursions posted.  Already, the itinerary is posted in the ALREADY BOOKED section of HAL. I'm looking around for excursions and see that Fraser Tours has 5 star reputation and I've reached out to them.  Not sure what the snorkeling is like there but I didn't see much on Trip Advisor for that.  I'm keeping my eye on what HAL WILL post on the ALREADY BOOKED section.  I didn't notice if you have been on the roll call board.  That is where I posted I am looking for excursions from private vendors.  

18 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

There will be new excursions posted.  Already, the itinerary is posted in the ALREADY BOOKED section of HAL. I'm looking around for excursions and see that Fraser Tours has 5 star reputation and I've reached out to them.  Not sure what the snorkeling is like there but I didn't see much on Trip Advisor for that.  I'm keeping my eye on what HAL WILL post on the ALREADY BOOKED section.  I didn't notice if you have been on the roll call board.  That is where I posted I am looking for excursions from private vendors.  

Yes, I'm on the roll call. If you're booking a snorkeling trip, I'm interested. Not really interested in an island tour. I tend to find those pretty dull.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CruiserN1 said:

Yes, I'm on the roll call. If you're booking a snorkeling trip, I'm interested. Not really interested in an island tour. I tend to find those pretty dull.

I didn't see much in the way of snokeling; which I would prefer.  I don't know if that island is known for it's snorkeling.  We'll have to see what comes up on the HAL excursion list.  I'm doing a tour if nothing else comes up.  

On 3/7/2023 at 7:49 AM, CruiserN1 said:

HAL informed us last night that we will not be calling at Barbados as scheduled on our March 18 cruise and instead we will be calling at St. Vincent and Grenadines. This is a bummer because we had a snorkeling catamaran trip booked (on our own) that we were really looking forward to. I'm not finding any good options for a snorkeling trip in SVG. Does HAL typically arrange new shore ex when a port changes? As of now nothing has been posted.

If you do not find an excursion you like on St Vincent, try a private tour through 3rd party providers like Viator and Trip Adviser. We seldom book any shore excursions anymore with the cruise lines, often we find better tours and prices by going with private ones.