More expensive drinks - quick question

ACorgan

I’m positive this is probably discussed several places in this forum, but having trouble locating it, so just starting this thread.

How is HAL currently handling drinks that are more expensive than what’s included in HIA? Last August, when we last cruised with HAL, anything that exceeded the package drink price was charged full price (eg, if limit was $11 and you ordered a $15 drink, you were charged the full $15). At our time of cruising, I remembered hearing that select sailings were doing a soft test of just charging the difference is price (eg, would have only paid $4 for that same drink). 

Did they end up rolling out the “just pay the difference in price” to the whole fleet or are more expensive drinks still charged full prices?

9 hours ago, ACorgan said:

Did they end up rolling out the “just pay the difference in price” to the whole fleet or are more expensive drinks still charged full prices?

From what I have read here on CC, it's on all the ships now.

~Nancy

Richard and Ronaldo on Nieuw Statendam make awesome Cosmos and Smoked Old Fashions.

Cosmos were in HIA.   Anything > $11 was diff in price.

Ian in Sea View was great server.   Ady in MDR and Cabana.  Dewa in cabana.

Edited by bdd123

41 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Based on some of the other responses, sounds like you got bamboozled on your Cosmo.. 😄

Perhaps a special vodka was requested?  The drink prices are based on the spirits used so the vodka used must have been priced at $12.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

Perhaps a special vodka was requested?  The drink prices are based on the spirits used so the vodka used must have been priced at $12.

This is my assumption as well. On any drink you can upgrade your liquor and that could surpass the $11 charge.