First post- pandemic cruise. Questions.

Gasdoc

Excited to be cruising in July on Equinox. Last cruise was 2018 also on Equinox. Wife, daughter and I will be doing a B2B. Son and his girlfriend will have to depart after first cruise. We have two Royal Suites July 2 cruise. But by the time I decided to B2B there were no suites available for the July 8 sailing. Did book a veranda on the slant with a large balcony. Has anyone had any success being waitlisted for a suite? Will chic night be the first sea day on the 6 night? Will there be one or two chic nights on the 8 day? Which night(s)?  I miss the days of formal, informal and casual nights. Always fun to get dressed in a tux on a cruise. Is anyone dressing up in the Caribbean? 

Tried booking Tuscan Grill for  first night on the app. Said no seating available for 5. Do you think they will be able to accommodate the 5 of us? We are occupying two of the RS, so is not an inexpensive vacation. Hopefully we will be able to enjoy the specialty restaurants in addition to Luminae. I appreciate the information I have gained from so many on these boards and from the reviews. I joined some Celebrity groups on a popular social media platform and found there to be some really rude and snarky people responding to questions posed by people new to cruising. I found that disappointing.

What time will we be able to board in FLL? I want to enjoy every minute of the ship possible? 

Cant wait to be back on a ship gazing out at the sea. 

You never know what will open up suite wise.

For a reservation for more than those in your cabin you need to do it on board.  Very complicated otherwise.

Boarding usually starts around 10am.  Takes a couple hours with preferences tosuites and Captain's Club members .

Chic nights depend on your itinerary.  Will be almost always on a sea day.

Few will dress up in a tux or suit on Celebrity.   Fewer yet on a short Caribbean cruise.

Many posters get frustrated as most questions can be answered by reading info on the Celebrity website or doing a search on Cruise Critic.

Being in a Royal Suite gives you speciality dining included for all staying in them. You should be contacted by the shoreside concierge for all your preferences (you get two bottles of liquor in each suite, beer, water, soda in the fridge, pillow preferences etc) and the concierge also can make your dining reservations for Tuscan Grill and anywhere else you want to eat. They can contact you anywhere from a month prior or a couple of weeks. You can also contact them to set up your dining reservations.  

3 hours ago, Gasdoc said:

Excited to be cruising in July on Equinox. Last cruise was 2018 also on Equinox. Wife, daughter and I will be doing a B2B. Son and his girlfriend will have to depart after first cruise. We have two Royal Suites July 2 cruise. But by the time I decided to B2B there were no suites available for the July 8 sailing. Did book a veranda on the slant with a large balcony. Has anyone had any success being waitlisted for a suite? Will chic night be the first sea day on the 6 night? Will there be one or two chic nights on the 8 day? Which night(s)?  I miss the days of formal, informal and casual nights. Always fun to get dressed in a tux on a cruise. Is anyone dressing up in the Caribbean? 

Tried booking Tuscan Grill for  first night on the app. Said no seating available for 5. Do you think they will be able to accommodate the 5 of us? We are occupying two of the RS, so is not an inexpensive vacation. Hopefully we will be able to enjoy the specialty restaurants in addition to Luminae. I appreciate the information I have gained from so many on these boards and from the reviews. I joined some Celebrity groups on a popular social media platform and found there to be some really rude and snarky people responding to questions posed by people new to cruising. I found that disappointing.

What time will we be able to board in FLL? I want to enjoy every minute of the ship possible? 

Cant wait to be back on a ship gazing out at the sea. 

We love the Royal suite.  What about a Celebrity suite- not the same but more room for your daughter.  Also, two balcony cabins, still costs less then a royal suite.  Your daughter will have privacy her own bathroom as will you.  If she is young- you should get adjoining cabins.  Enjoy your cruise.

Just now, Cruise a holic said:

We love the Royal suite.  What about a Celebrity suite- not the same but more room for your daughter.  Also, two balcony cabins, still costs less then a royal suite.  Your daughter will have privacy her own bathroom as will you.  If she is young- you should get adjoining cabins.  Enjoy your cruise.

following