What happens if i dont board flight booked through Free at seas BOGO promo

kaybeebee

So, have flights assigned through NCL free at sea promo, and thinking of changing the flight to a day earlier directly through the airline. Has anyone done this before? I've heard that it can't be done, because the flights are ticketed with NCL as the holder, but when I  go onto the airlines site, I am able to change the flight. Would this put me as a no show for the cruise or cancel my return flight?

52 minutes ago, kaybeebee said:

So, have flights assigned through NCL free at sea promo, and thinking of changing the flight to a day earlier directly through the airline. Has anyone done this before? I've heard that it can't be done, because the flights are ticketed with NCL as the holder, but when I  go onto the airlines site, I am able to change the flight. Would this put me as a no show for the cruise or cancel my return flight?

What you're talking about is a deviation, which has to be done by 75 days before your sailing. If you're able to see your booking, chances are you're already ticketed and it might be too late to request the deviation. I would do two things: call NCL (they have a dedicated number for air-related concerns) and also confirm with the airline. If you aren't on the original outbound flight, then yes, you could be considered a no-show and have your return flight cancelled. Get everything in writing, especially any confirmation from the airline. NCL only acts like a travel agent and books you, after that, you deal with the airline.

Thanks for reply. To clarify more, we already have a 1 day deviation.  We were just wondering if we could change our flight through airline to the day before( so 2 days ahead). When I log onto Delta, I can change my flight without any fees, actually a credit !!  But I dont want to risk it if changing will cancel my return flight .

Hope you get done what you want. NCL issued us tickets back in January and issued them incorrectly. We sail March 21 and the tickets have us leaving US on March 21 meaning we arrive in Greece March 22, after the ship has left! We notified them January 17 of the error and they said it would be corrected in 3-4 weeks. 4 weeks came and went and our ta had to call again and had to explain all over again what was wrong. The third time the ta called, NCL was rude to her, told her they know of the issue, they see she's called 3 times and they will work on it 10 days away from sailing when it's critical. In the meantime, I'm watching flights get booked up. So March 11 I am supposed to have corrected flights. Wanna bet? Think I'm stressed? But I'm glad you found out you could make your own change directly with Delta (we're Delta too). I was wondering what would happen if I tried changing it on my own.

3 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

Hope you get done what you want. NCL issued us tickets back in January and issued them incorrectly. We sail March 21 and the tickets have us leaving US on March 21 meaning we arrive in Greece March 22, after the ship has left! We notified them January 17 of the error and they said it would be corrected in 3-4 weeks. 4 weeks came and went and our ta had to call again and had to explain all over again what was wrong. The third time the ta called, NCL was rude to her, told her they know of the issue, they see she's called 3 times and they will work on it 10 days away from sailing when it's critical. In the meantime, I'm watching flights get booked up. So March 11 I am supposed to have corrected flights. Wanna bet? Think I'm stressed? But I'm glad you found out you could make your own change directly with Delta (we're Delta too). I was wondering what would happen if I tried changing it on my own.

We had a similar issue, we received the flight info early, I think it was around 65 days before the cruise.  However they had us flying out of Chicago instead of Harrisburg PA.  Simple mistake, no big deal, called them and they said they would fix it in 14 days.  Long story short it wasn't fixed in 14 days, it took over 6 weeks and was finally fixed today, we fly on the 24th of March.  We kept getting the run around and said it might not be fixed until 3 days before we leave.  We called NCL and TA called, I tried again today, called the custom air phone number. I raised a big issue, threatened to file a complaint, etc and two hours later it was fixed.  They didn't pick the best flights but at least we have flights.

31 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

You could always log onto Delta and see what your options are. I just happened upon option when I was looking at my flight

If you have record locator with Delta and can change I do not see why not.  NCL is out of the picture at this point.  However, changing flights usually requires the return trip to be reissued.  Just make sure return flight has not gone up price and is still available.  Good luck.

• Like 1

My experience is I think once ticketed the airline and NCL don’t communicate.

Last fall I had booked my daughter and I on a cruise with the airfare.

Last minute My daughter could not make it so told them at the airport she was not coming, fully expecting the return to be cancelled, but it was not , I had to tell them at the airport on the day I returned.

At the port told them she was not coming’ but I don’t think they did anything, cabin attendant kept asking where she was all week and would get random messages from cruise staff asking how she was enjoying her 1st  NCL cruise. Her latitude accounts showed she cruised and the  personal cruise planners keep leaving messages about a special offer for her to book a second cruise.  Never looked into a credit of the port fees as I used Credits from a 2020 cruise that were to expire .

4 hours ago, kaybeebee said:

When I log onto Delta, I can change my flight without any fees, actually a credit

Once booked, as others have mentioned, the airline and NCL don't communicate etc (unless needed).

If the airline lets you change it, it would be best to confirm with the airline (on the phone). If you change your flight directly with the airline, you wouldn't be a no show for the original flight (since you wouldn't be a ticketed passenger anymore).

The "no show" concern is because of the airline, not NCL. So if you booked your own flights, then wanted to change your outbound, they wouldn't cancel your return, so this would be not different (if the airline lets your change it). Just think of NCL as a travel agent doing booking on your behalf. If you do contact the airline and change your flight, just make sure you have email/paper confirmations after.

Edited by bortman23

We tried to change our flights thru Delta on line, But when we got to end to confirm change it wouldn't allow us to change, said had to go to NCL as they were TA. Worked with NCL to change from 2 day to one day deviation to Athens. Took a couple weeks but it was changed. Also our return was changed by airline and we wanted to change it but they won't do anything.

Keep in mind - if NCL booked you on different airlines for each end of the cruise, being a no-show on the first one SHOULDN'T cause the other to be cancelled as they're different reservations/airlines.