Bionic bar charges warning

20 hours ago, zanydoc said:

I think the bionic bar is a total waste of space. I wish they’d repurpose it to some new interesting bar-like a Fat Tuesday type of daiquiri bar ,a mojito bar, or a craft beer bar.

I would like my Champagne bar back, but as that's a thing of the past, I will settle for a make your own Bloody Mary bar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, depplep said:

I would like my Champagne bar back, but as that's a thing of the past, I will settle for a make your own Bloody Mary bar.

We love the Champagne bar, too (still on Allure, for now). There is usually a Bloody Mary table set up at least once a cruise, and it might be one of the best Bloody Mary’s I have had.

• Like 1

Big waste of space and alcohol. Just have to look at the tables around the robots that have many unfinished drink cups on them. Hope Allure never loses the Champagne bar.

Edited by coaster

Just posting as l just got back from Australia on New Zealand cruise on Quantum. The bionic bar was wonderful. They had drink menus on table or you could tell the assigned bartender what type of drink you wanted and he would come up with a receipt. The bartender scanned your card and gave you the drink. He would make sure you liked them.

One robot gave too much ice..but he got repaired. We all found the drinks good and the robots do nice non-alcoholic drinks so the kids really loved it

10 hours ago, 1cruise2U said:

Just posting as l just got back from Australia on New Zealand cruise on Quantum. The bionic bar was wonderful. They had drink menus on table or you could tell the assigned bartender what type of drink you wanted and he would come up with a receipt. The bartender scanned your card and gave you the drink. He would make sure you liked them.

One robot gave too much ice..but he got repaired. We all found the drinks good and the robots do nice non-alcoholic drinks so the kids really loved it

This reminds me of a cruise I took, pre-pandemic, the robots wouldn't work properly and be shut down for most of the cruise.  Actually, I never saw them working except once.  There was a tech guy working frantically above, below, behind, and in front of the system.  He looked stressed.  

Also, this isn't meant to disparage you for your use of the term "bartender".  But, I would call him/her more of an attendant. Sounds like all he/she did was input your desired drink and then deliver it to you, not mix a drink at all.  He/she was probably responsible for cleaning up the mixing area, too.  Every time I observed the bionic bar operating there were a lot of spills that had to be cleaned up almost constantly.  

Having said all that, I'm happy for you that you enjoyed the Bionic Bar.  Really!