Best beach alternative to Horseshoe Bay

bkrickles1

My wife is bored! Lmao!!

We've been to Bermuda many times and have gone to Horseshoe Bay every time.

I love it there and want to go back when we sail there in July but my wife wants to try something different.

We're looking for a beach with all the same characteristics as Horseshoe and we'd like to have chair and umbrella rentals available too.

Can someone help a husband looking to make his wife happy? 

TIA

1 hour ago, bkrickles1 said:

My wife is bored! Lmao!!

I love it there and want to go back when we sail there in July but my wife wants to try something different.

We're looking for a beach with all the same characteristics as Horseshoe and we'd like to have chair and umbrella rentals available too.

Can someone help a husband looking to make his wife happy? 

TIA

There are no beaches with similar characteristics to Horseshoe that have guaranteed chair and umbrella rentals. Warwick Long Bay and Elbow Beach which have similar characteristics, they are south shore beaches and sometimes have had vendors renting chairs. Last summer they were there in June, July and August. John Smith's Bay is south shore, no rentals but there is a restarant open some days. Tobacco Beach, a small beach in St. George is not like Horseshoe but has chair and umbrella rentals. Clearwater Beach on St. David is man made but most people won't know that unless they know the history. It is a good enough beach and there are chair and umbrella rentals. It is farthest to get to. Next to Clearwater is Coopers Reserve with a number of beautiful natural beaches but no rentals. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

There are no beaches with similar characteristics to Horseshoe that have guaranteed chair and umbrella rentals. Warwick Long Bay and Elbow Beach which have similar characteristics, they are south shore beaches and sometimes have had vendors renting chairs. Last summer they were there in June, July and August. John Smith's Bay is south shore, no rentals but there is a restarant open some days. Tobacco Beach, a small beach in St. George is not like Horseshoe but has chair and umbrella rentals. Clearwater Beach on St. David is man made but most people won't know that unless they know the history. It is a good enough beach and there are chair and umbrella rentals. It is farthest to get to. Next to Clearwater is Coopers Reserve with a number of beautiful natural beaches but no rentals. 

This is good news for me! Thank you! 

Now I can talk my wife into going back to Horseshoe Bay. 

She loves it as much as I do but she gets weird about doing the same thing over and over. Lol 😂 

That's why we've tried every crappy pizza joint in our neighborhood even though we found the best ones almost 20 years ago. 

Thanks again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...

Is Clearwater on a bus route? I see it is near the airport, no buses go there, but if the boys go to Clearwater beach grandson can maybe see the planes near this beach area.

Also I see they have rentals and food but do they have lockers?

Thanks

On 3/8/2023 at 11:37 AM, bkrickles1 said:

Agree with everything Charles said with one technical exception. You could, if you were willing to part with a hefty sum, book a night at the Rosewood. Their overall beach and beach experience (they have a huge beach club with restaurant, bar, pools, and beach services) is overall the most spectacular on the island. Hard stop. I also think the beach overall is nicer than Horseshoe. 

As a slightly less expensive alternative, if you were planning on golfing at all, a tee time at the Mid Ocean Club would also allow you access afterwards to their Beach Pavilion. While not as fancy as the Rosewood  beach setup it still provides a pool, restaurant, and access to what essentially (although not technically) a private beach that has chairs, umbrellas, etc provided by the club. 

Obviously these are pretty niche options but they are available if you jump through some financial hoops and they give you access to one of the islands most spectacular beaches (formerly called Natural Arches) where there is hardly any people even on the most popular days. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

Is Clearwater on a bus route? I see it is near the airport, no buses go there, but if the boys go to Clearwater beach grandson can maybe see the planes near this beach area.

Also I see they have rentals and food but do they have lockers?

Thanks

The #6 bus goes near enogh to Clearwater to walk to the stop once an hour. Not being patient we took a taxi from St. George cost was $20. You can see the planes. There is food and rentals. There are good restrooms. I don't think there are lockers. 

Edited by Charles4515

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The #6 bus goes near enogh to Clearwater to walk to the stop once an hour. Not being patient we took a taxi from St. George cost was $20. You can see the planes. There is food and rentals. There are good restrooms. I don't think there are lockers. 

This is great think they may just grab a taxi.

Thanks as always.

• 2 weeks later...

Consider taking bus #7 to Warwick Long Bay (tell the bus driver in advance) and spend some time at Jobson's Cove.  Then, walk less than a mile (passing some other beautiful coves and beaches along the way) over to Horseshoe Bay and enjoy all the amenities there.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 10:06 PM, ssietz said:

Consider taking bus #7 to Warwick Long Bay (tell the bus driver in advance) and spend some time at Jobson's Cove.  Then, walk less than a mile (passing some other beautiful coves and beaches along the way) over to Horseshoe Bay and enjoy all the amenities there.

When at Warwick Long Bay and facing the ocean, which direction do you walk (left or right) to get to Horsehoe Bay?  TIA!

1 hour ago, bjtravelnews said:

When at Warwick Long Bay and facing the ocean, which direction do you walk (left or right) to get to Horsehoe Bay?  TIA!

Walk to the right...but you can't go from one to the other solely by walking on the beach because there are places where you'll be cut off by rock formations. There's a path above beach level that you'll have to use to make the entire journey.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

When you take the path to the right as  njhorseman says the first beach you will come to almost right away from Warwick is Jobson's Cove which is at beach level. Then depending on the tides you will take some trails above the beaches because of the rock formations but you will be able to go back down to the beach level. The tides change so how much of the walk is at beach level and how much is above beach level can vary. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 3