Any Food Improvement Yet

mcrcruiser

16 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Didn't HAL and CCL incur a huge amount of debt for some forgotten reason over the last couple of years?

Failing to match what the competition is offering does not seem to me like a winning strategy when it comes to increasing profits in order to pay off debt. 

56 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I've no need to go searching through dozens of cruise reports to prove a point. I don't shoot off my mouth about things as most long-time posters will know...  But thanks for your grudging 'might'. 😉

Didn't you say that you did not eat in the MDR at all on your recent cruise? If you only ate in specialty restaurants, how can you think your own experience is representative of what most cruisers have experienced?

One example:

image.thumb.png.b2aa48108e0de3b3bae115121e647cf3.png

14 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Didn't HAL and CCL incur a huge amount of debt for some forgotten reason over the last couple of years?

As did the other lines who actually have an even worse debt to revenue ratio.

I know food is subjective, but I am on the Rotterdam right now and the food has not disappointed anyone in my group, everyone has said how good it all is.  Yes there are up charges, to us it’s an option and if you don’t want to pay it, don’t.  

• Like 3

Note: this is a sarcastic observation:  On our recent cruise " the food was consistently bad, but even worse, there was never enough of it."

From September to January we sailed on N Statendam for over 10 weeks and never went hungry.  The MDR menu (including a week in Club Orange, was good 5 days out of 7.  We always had a great alternative at the Dutch Cafe, the NY Bistro or the Dive In.  We ate in Tamarind and Pinnacle a few times but the food was not comparable to the best celebrity has to offer in Murano but then the price is a lot less.  Overall we found the food better than on Celebrity and have no complaints at all during our extended stay.

IMG_0820.JPG

• Like 4