Calling grandparents that bring grandchildren

Norwaylady

On 3/9/2023 at 4:07 AM, Norwaylady said:

Hello

We are considering bringing our nephew on a cruise in the Mediterranean 2024. He will be 16years old. 

He is having his confirmation ceremony this year and we would like to give him an adventure as a gift. He knows we go on cruises and we have been FaceTiming several times onboard when we are away. He lives in the north of Norway. So we only see him for holidays, Christmas and celebrations. 

He has never been on a cruise. 

Any tips or things we should consider?

How has paperwork been and has this been a issue?

I know we need a consent from his parent (his father is dead) , passport. He has the same last name as Mr Norwaylady. 

Price is approximately prices from Norway in USD for all of us 3, for the cruise. 

We have a timeframe for school holiday we must fit this to. So we have following cruises on the list:

Athen X Infinity  7-Greek Island< Concierge 5000USD all-in Drinks, basic wifi and tips>  Sky Suite 8500USD 

Athen RCL Voyager 7- Israel and Egypt JS 5000USD, must add beverage and wifi

Rome RCL Odyssey 7- Greek Isle JS 7000USD, must add beverage and wifi

All of the cruises are port intensive.

He has never been to any of the destinations.

We are Diamond and Elite. So we have some benefits.

My situation is different from yours.  DW and I decided to bring our daughter and family(s-i-l + 3 grandchildren) on a Caribbean cruise to celebrate our 50th anniversary.  We had a family conference.  I had brochures from RCI, Celebrity, Princes and Disney.  Disney was eliminated due to very expensive price.  Princess eliminated because I had loyalty status with X and RCI.  In the end, we chide RCI because it had more activities for grans.  The ship we chose, Adventure OTS, had about 3600 pax.  It was cancelled due to Covid.  We ended up on Allure, 5500 rated pax with actual count 5k pax 2 years later.  They loved it.  Pat, 14, liked the climbing wall.  Julia, 21, liked the full drink package that I purchased for her and parents.  Donny, 16, mostly stayed in the cabin with his Nintendo.  I booked 3 cabins, 1  JS, and 2 balcony cabins.  The JS and 1 balcony cabin were connecting cabins.   I asked for and got, an accessible  JS cabin so there would room for the Cystic Fibrosis medical therapy machines  that my 2 CF grans must use on a daily basis.

It was the first cruise for them.

Hope this helps.  I recommend Odyssey.

Two of my DSIL's sisters asked me to adopt them!!

Edited by Tom47
typo