making reservations at Crown Grill

gunnywife

Three couples want to dine at the Crown Grill.  We all want to be at the same table.  But each couple will make their own reservations.  How do we make it clear that we all want the same table even though we are making reservations separately?  Can we do this on line or should we talk to the manager of the Grill  as soon as we get on the ship?

• Like 1

If you have each other listed as shipmates I think one person could make the reservations. But I don't remember seeing tables for 6 in the crown grill...doesn't mean they don't have any. And BTW...I'm guessing DH is a marine, thank him for his service 😊. Also, in case you all don't know about the military OBC, don't forget to check for it  😊

Moondogy:  Your guess was correct.  My husband was a proud retired Marine.  He passed three years ago after 64 years of marriage.  We did use the military OBC many times.  Now, unfortunately I'm not able to take advantage of it.  

• Like 2

When we cruise we usually are a group to six or eight people, but we are individual bookings.  When we go to the crown grill, I gather the couples names and cabin numbers.  I call up and make the reservation for a table of six or eight.  I have never had a problem and we are all elite, so quite a few sailings  under  our feet.

You should really have no problem.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gunnywife said:

Three couples want to dine at the Crown Grill.  We all want to be at the same table.  But each couple will make their own reservations.  How do we make it clear that we all want the same table even though we are making reservations separately?  Can we do this on line or should we talk to the manager of the Grill  as soon as we get on the ship?

Don't have each couple make their own res.  That is going to unnecessarily block three tables. 

If you want to do it ahead of time, share your cruise booking numbers around the group, and everyone ad the other two couples as Travel Companions in the App.  Then ONE person can add the other two couples as Dining Companions and make the reservation in DMW for the CG.  When making a res after selecting dining party, it will book a table for six. The CG can easily handle tables of six and they can go larger than that if needed.  Doing it this way means the person booking has to pay - less any SD credits they may have - so you just need to get reimbursed from the other couples for whatever they owe.  It may be just easier/cleaner to do it on the ship.

If booking on the ship, then do as @Knickearth suggested - again ONE person makes the res and provides the names and cabin numbers included.

• Like 1

Wait and book on the ship.

I booked a table for 6 and paid and had the other couples pay me, but after dining the other couples were charged and we were told we had credit for two more dinners. It took the rest of the cruise to convince GS to refund them and remove our credit. Way too much hassle.

2 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

Wait and book on the ship.

I booked a table for 6 and paid and had the other couples pay me, but after dining the other couples were charged and we were told we had credit for two more dinners. It took the rest of the cruise to convince GS to refund them and remove our credit. Way too much hassle.

You should have informed your waiter that the dinner was on you.  Otherwise, they are going to assume each cabin is charged as the default.

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You should have informed your waiter that the dinner was on you.  Otherwise, they are going to assume each cabin is charged as the default.

When booked all meals had been paid for, they should not have charged anyone.