It's a good day to book a cruise!

MistyRo76

I have been eyeing this sailing on the Sunshine for my daughter's fall break this October since I got off my last cruise LAST October. But life kept getting in the way of me sitting down to get it booked until today! Super excited as this will be our first time on the Sunshine, first time going out of Charleston and first time driving to the port. It's also the kiddos first cruise since she was 3 and we're keeping a surprise for her until her birthday in August! And we're going to head to Charleston 3 days early and explore the city a bit. 

One thing that did surprise me though, was how booked up this cruise was right now especially considering it's still 7 months away! There are only about 3-4 balconies showing available so we were lucky to get one on Deck 7, our preferred location! Only Spa interiors left, 2 portholes, and a handful of Oceanviews and Suites. This seems very early to be that booked up! 

My DD lives in Charleston and we spent a great weekend down there recently.  The Aquarium is great!  A delicious place with lots of southern charm is 82 Queen.  There is public parking, you just need to be on the lookout for it.  Walk through the College of Charleston campus (where my DD graduated) and you will feel like you're on a movie set.  Santi's Restaurante Mexicano is very lively and yummy! Walking up and down Meeting and King Street is a view into the world of lots of discretionary income!  Little store fronts with lots to buy!  Folly Beach is a nice beach and fairly close to Charleston. Have a wonderful time!! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I have noticed that since they announced the closure of the Charleston port, the prices have gone way up on the last cruises out of the port and availability is going way down.

I would second that the loss of the port probably has a lot to do with the availability.