make the DBP payment less painful by spreading it out

14 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

I would be in a sitting but over the course the day… reading in a lounger and then evening around the ship I don’t find it hard to do 5-6 a day, along with water bottles and fresh oj in the morning, mainly I just love having it paid in advance on vacation!

Good for you.  Was the same when I was younger.  DDP works for many.  

4 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Good for you.  Was the same when I was younger.  DDP works for many.  

We haven't cruised in 4 years, I'll be curious after this trip if we're still as young as we think we are 🙂  But it's also a birthday/anniversary cruise so I'm buying in advance to just make it easy.  Will use this to decide on if we buy again for cruises after that (well and depends on if pricing for those comes into considerable range).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

We haven't cruised in 4 years, I'll be curious after this trip if we're still as young as we think we are 🙂  But it's also a birthday/anniversary cruise so I'm buying in advance to just make it easy.  Will use this to decide on if we buy again for cruises after that (well and depends on if pricing for those comes into considerable range).

Not likely.  At 56 if we drink 10 drinks a day for 7 days we wont feel good at all. 

3 hours ago, resetjet said:

Not likely.  At 56 if we drink 10 drinks a day for 7 days we wont feel good at all. 

It will be a cruise for my 50th this October 🙂  But thankfully "break even" is 6 a day but I'm determined to not even think about over/under and just enjoy since this is truly a much needed escape!

19 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

It will be a cruise for my 50th this October 🙂  But thankfully "break even" is 6 a day but I'm determined to not even think about over/under and just enjoy since this is truly a much needed escape!

Im not sure 6 is fair.  Its more like 8 including gratuity.  So my number was 10 to make it worth buying in advance.  My problem is if i buy it,  i over indulge to get my monies worth.  Plus i like to have some drinks in port.  

30 minutes ago, resetjet said:

Im not sure 6 is fair.  Its more like 8 including gratuity.  So my number was 10 to make it worth buying in advance.  My problem is if i buy it,  i over indulge to get my monies worth.  Plus i like to have some drinks in port.  

Our upcoming cruise has 2 stops at private islands where DBP applies, and one port we won't get off for, so all ship.  I bought at $75.99 so even with gratuity calculated, about 6 drinks and 6 bottles of water are break even (assuming $12 for drink and $3 for water but know that can vary).  My husband loves the fresh OJ too, so it tends to work out, especially if I use the calculator spreadsheet to double check my numbers.  They don't have beer I like on board so mixed drinks tend to add up.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Our upcoming cruise has 2 stops at private islands where DBP applies, and one port we won't get off for, so all ship.  I bought at $75.99 so even with gratuity calculated, about 6 drinks and 6 bottles of water are break even (assuming $12 for drink and $3 for water but know that can vary).  My husband loves the fresh OJ too, so it tends to work out, especially if I use the calculator spreadsheet to double check my numbers.  They don't have beer I like on board so mixed drinks tend to add up.

The private island stops change the game considerably, no doubt.

Folks tend to discount the non alcoholic drinks in their figures, I think your summation is spot on.

• Like 1