Does Princess Cruise have a shuttle at the Marseille port?

boogiedownwanda

Hey y’all! I’ve decided that I am not interested in any of the excursions offered for Marseille and doing it on my own.  I have googled so many different ways trying to find information on shuttles from the port to Old (Vieux) Port.  Unfortunately the information has not been very clear.  I’ve read that you could walk to a free shuttle offered at the port but does Princess have their own shuttle and if so how much is the current cost pp? There’s not one listed under excursions but I’m really hoping there is.  Or am I able to catch a taxi from the port and how do I get it?

TIA very much from a dazed and confused cruiser!

Have been to Marseille several times (though not on Princess) and every cruise line put on a shuttle to the city centre (old port).  If they don't put on a shuttle most people would not be able to get into town, it's a 20 minute drive.  There should also be taxis.  The taxis and free shuttle from the port gate (a long walk away from the ship) would not be sufficient for everyone.

• Thanks 1

I'm hoping someone with more recent experience can get back to you because I'm forgetting the details. We did take Princess to Marseille pre-COVID and they did have a shuttle but I don't believe it was free (can't remember the cost if there was one). What I do remember, however, is what grinded everybody's gears -- it was their lack of organization in the whole process. The bus drivers basically weren't really clear about where to drop the passengers off in the city and then where to pick passengers up to get them back to the ship, so people were scurrying about. This could just be Princess's fault and not the bus drivers' fault (or vice versa), but...it was a bit of a debacle, to say the least. I'm hoping that things have changed since then.

• Thanks 1

We were there last June.  Princess put on a shuttle, dropped you a few minutes walk from the start of town.  Can’t remember the cost, but wasn’t extortionate, maybe €10 - 20pp.  Was a big queue to get back around 2pm, not so much around 3pm.  Was very windy at the drop off/ pick up point from memory.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

I take it from this that it was pay at the shuttle ?

So it wasn't able to be charged to your onboard account ?

Ahh, just remembered I posted about this last summer, and some info on shuttles in other ports.  I posted on our roll call at the request of someone on the next cruise.  Here’s a link to Marseille, but starts at post 116 for Cadiz.

So there was both, a ship one - pay on ship,  and a free port one - pay on bus

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nijh said:

Ahh, just remembered I posted about this last summer, and some info on shuttles in other ports.  I posted on our roll call at the request of someone on the next cruise.  Here’s a link to Marseille, but starts at post 116 for Cadiz.

So there was both, a ship one - pay on ship,  and a free port one - pay on bus

nijh this is all such helpful info - thank you thank you thank you!!