Dining reservations needed?

newbie070708

We will be staying 2 nights prior to embarkation and am curious if we need to make dining reservations ahead of time or is it customary to just walk in to the restaurants there. This will be our first time in San Juan and we will be staying April 7-9th at Decanter. My initial thought was to just ask the front desk for recommendations once we get there but now I'm wondering if I need to plan ahead for dining. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newbie070708 said:

We will be staying 2 nights prior to embarkation and am curious if we need to make dining reservations ahead of time or is it customary to just walk in to the restaurants there. This will be our first time in San Juan and we will be staying April 7-9th at Decanter. My initial thought was to just ask the front desk for recommendations once we get there but now I'm wondering if I need to plan ahead for dining. 

For high quality restaurants you should make a reservation just as you would anywhere.

On 3/10/2023 at 6:29 PM, newbie070708 said:

Book Marmalade well in advance, take the wine pairing Menu, very popular with discerning residents, vacationers and cruisers.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 10:29 AM, newbie070708 said:

What ship will you be sailing? we will be in the area the same dates as we will be on The Voyager.

26 minutes ago, Daycare Provider said:

What ship will you be sailing? we will be in the area the same dates as we will be on The Voyager.

Apologies for interrupting.

Marmalade would be the ideal dinner venue for this special celebration…. Congratulations.

On 3/11/2023 at 6:10 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

Book Marmalade well in advance, take the wine pairing Menu, very popular with discerning residents, vacationers and cruisers.

I should have specified earlier that we will have 2 kids, a year old and 15 year old. 

1 minute ago, newbie070708 said:

I should have specified earlier that we will have 2 kids, a year old and 15 year old. 

No need to worry.

Kids are welcomed and made to feel wanted.  After all, they are future diners.  Plus Marmalade understand no family would wish to dine again in a Restaurant that does not appreciate the whole family’s custom.
The guys at Marmalade will provide all facilities to ensure everyone has a great evening.

Give them a call, because on previous visits they had a side alcove, ask for one, being ideal for a family with a little one.

Another thought…

Marmalade serve virgin cocktails, being absolutely identical to alcoholic ones, which could give one’s young man a bigger smile than the arrival of a fizzy drink.😉