Palm Beach chair rental

CruisingSince1982

• 5 months later...
On 3/10/2023 at 12:57 PM, CruisingSince1982 said:

hi - we are interested in renting chairs and an umbrella at Palm Beach, near the Hilton. Has anyone done this recently? Any suggestions for a company? 

I would love to hear a answer for this one?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ouch $70(US) sounds a bit high. 

I don't know anything about the Hyatt on Palm Beach, Eagle Beach I've rented a chair and palapa on several different occasions $20. 

I don't do Palm Beach made that mistake once and I'll never do it again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 4:35 PM, TTEllis said:

Ouch $70(US) sounds a bit high. 

I don't know anything about the Hyatt on Palm Beach, Eagle Beach I've rented a chair and palapa on several different occasions $20. 

I don't do Palm Beach made that mistake once and I'll never do it again. 

Sorry but could you elaborate on Palm Beach, I saw it as a top rated beach in Aruba so I’m confused.  Thanks

Our experience was from about 12 years ago so memory is a little hazy.  We took a taxi to Palm Beach and the taxi dropped us off at a resort (dont know the name). They said their part of the beach was for guests of resort only. We wandered up and down the beach and it was the same everywhere. Ended up at the edge of the beach where we couldnt rent chairs or umbrella. We were just about to leave and a nice man from one of the resorts allowed us to rent the chairs/umbrella. If you are here on a cruise and time is crucial i recommend having another plan or book something with a resort, perhaps things are different now?

There is a chair rental place on Palm Beach between the Riu and the Hilton. It's right beside the restaurant on the beach. I rented a chair for $20 for the day.  I think they had umbrellas also. That was last year. It's a beautiful beach and I'm looking forward to going there again in January for the day.

• Like 1

You can rent all the chairs for $20 a day all you want Palm Beach sucks. I'll never go back and I'll never do another day pass anywhere on Aruba.

Resort Day passes on Aruba are a figment of someone's dreadfully shallow imagination. 

I'll tell you what I do though, in the city bus on the way to Eagle Beach we pass by all the resorts that sell phoney baloney BS "day passes". I have my big middle finger up and waving bye bye heading straight to Eagle Beach. 

I love Aruba nothing but fun great food great beaches nice people, you can buy ANYTHING your heart desires, their resorts SUCK!! 

Every single last one of them. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2023 at 8:16 AM, T.O.cruisers said:

There is a chair rental place on Palm Beach between the Riu and the Hilton. It's right beside the restaurant on the beach. I rented a chair for $20 for the day.  I think they had umbrellas also. That was last year. It's a beautiful beach and I'm looking forward to going there again in January for the day.

I contacted them, and apparently they've stopped renting chairs. Something about local authorities restricting them. There's another farther up palm that stopped renting them too. Sounds like the hotels pushed them out. 

7 hours ago, fsjosh said:

I contacted them, and apparently they've stopped renting chairs. Something about local authorities restricting them. There's another farther up palm that stopped renting them too. Sounds like the hotels pushed them out. 

Good to know. Thanks for the heads-up.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, fsjosh said:

You figuring it out now??😜

16 hours ago, fsjosh said:

There were a number of vendors who were illegally renting chairs and umbrellas along the beach. They did not have the proper permits, and quite a few heated arguments ensued between those who were there legally, and those who weren't. The authorities finally got involved and shut down the illegal vendors. 

• Like 2