Celebrity Alcohol Upgrade

bboop51

1 hour ago, bboop51 said:

Update !!!!  I called the Captains Club number and got a lovely young woman who told me the same thing. I explained my plight and she said she would reach out to her resolutions team. 

She expected the they would downgrade my package to zero alcohol to upgrade his. I was fine with that.

After quite a bit of time on hold and two call backs. It was done (with no switch.. I remain on the classic bev package.) No Drs. note either.  Hubby has his upgrade with all our discounts an I am happy (except I should not have had to work so hard for this.)

Cool!  

Oddly enough, there's another thread out there where someone wanted to do what they originally offered you (i.e., downgrade one package and upgrade the other).  Everyone (including me) thought she would have a snowball's chance at that.  Perhaps there is hope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bboop51 said:

Update !!!!  I called the Captains Club number and got a lovely young woman who told me the same thing. I explained my plight and she said she would reach out to her resolutions team. 

She expected the they would downgrade my package to zero alcohol to upgrade his. I was fine with that.

After quite a bit of time on hold and two call backs. It was done (with no switch.. I remain on the classic bev package.) No Drs. note either.  Hubby has his upgrade with all our discounts an I am happy (except I should not have had to work so hard for this.)

Just to clarify (since I am trying to do the same thing), was there an additional charge to do his upgrade to premium or was it the "switcheroo" (one up to premium, the other down to zero proof) with no additional charge. 

Thanks!!

52 minutes ago, sherylc said:

Just to clarify (since I am trying to do the same thing), was there an additional charge to do his upgrade to premium or was it the "switcheroo" (one up to premium, the other down to zero proof) with no additional charge. 

Thanks!!

There was no downgrade. I kept the  original classic package. Hubby now has premium. We used our OBC to upgrade his, so there was an additional charge (subtracted from that.) I think with our the Elite discount it was something like $18.50 a day. For him well worth it. Everything he drinks is premium.

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

Cool!  

Oddly enough, there's another thread out there where someone wanted to do what they originally offered you (i.e., downgrade one package and upgrade the other).  Everyone (including me) thought she would have a snowball's chance at that.  Perhaps there is hope.

The Captains Club rep was great. It was a better choice that calling the general #.

• Like 3

I have done this for every cruise.  I just call and tell them for medical reasons I cannot drink (which is true).  They have never required a doctor's note.  Call again and get someone else.  Keep calling til you get someone who will do it for you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, glalonzo0408 said:

I have done this for every cruise.  I just call and tell them for medical reasons I cannot drink (which is true).  They have never required a doctor's note.  Call again and get someone else.  Keep calling til you get someone who will do it for you.

It's all taken care of now.  Apparently as of this month it's changed and everyone traveling together has to upgrade together. It required a waiver from the resolution team. I got one when I called the Captains Club.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bboop51 said:

It's all taken care of now.  Apparently as of this month it's changed and everyone traveling together has to upgrade together. It required a waiver from the resolution team. I got one when I called the Captains Club.

I called yesterday to upgrade our drinks and the agent asked if "we both wanted to upgrade". So lots of inconsistent results. We did both want to so I don't know what would have happened if I had only asked for one.

6 hours ago, bboop51 said:

That is great news. Glad it all worked out for you.

Laura

• Like 1

1 hour ago, landlocked406 said:

I called yesterday to upgrade our drinks and the agent asked if "we both wanted to upgrade". So lots of inconsistent results. We did both want to so I don't know what would have happened if I had only asked for one.

Both reps I spoke to indicated the computer would not allow them upgrade just one of us that it would take some sort of a waiver, which is what I presume was done by the "resolutions team."  No clue. I don't know what this change is about other than them worried one person in the room will buy fancy Martinis etc for the other other who didn't upgrade.

They need to stop this. Enough is Enough.

• Like 1

Just off B2B on the Equinox.  We had 3 cabins & in 2 of the  cabins we had one that up-graded to the premium beverage package & one that did not.  I never heard of any problem from anyone.   

On 3/16/2023 at 10:06 AM, highway180 said:

The difficulty arises when trying to adjust an existing reservation. Their system doesn't like the employees changing certain things easily, thus needed approval from supervisors.  I recently called to add beverage packages to a cruise I have booked with no perks (comped cruise ), and wanted my Elite discount. My wife is a diabetic and i requested the zero proof for her , and the premium bev pkg for myself. No doctors note needed, one relatively quick call and it was done. Surprisingly easy

Was this done before boarding or while you were on the ship? I wonder if the booking computer system is designed to prevent it but the folks onboard the ship have a little more flexibility. Like many others on here, I have the situation where classic is good enough for one person but the other has premium tastes and I'm trying to avoid hoping to break even with the daily up-charge using bottle waters and juices.

this was done pre cruise to get my elite discount, I believe it may be easier to upgrade on board, but the captains club discount may not be applied. I'm sure someone here can correct me if wrong, as i always do this before boarding

Cheers