Live from NOLA and NCL Breakaway - 3/12 thru 3/19 😀⚓️🕖☘️🍸

CTCruiser001

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I'm familiar with that path.  Perhaps I've not been articulate enough in explaining what happened.  We departed the ship and engaged a cab to take us to the Hilton. The cab path is to the riverside of the train tracks until it crosses the tracks as it approaches the Hilton.   As we approached this crossing (we were appoximately even with the circular roundabout in front of the Hilton), the train came  through blocking our further progress.  The cab drive told us to exit the cab, enter the hilton on the riverside of the tracks and it would be an easy path to the Hilton.  Would have worked had we had access cards to the Hilton.  At this point we were faced with two options.  We could retrace our path to the Julia Street terminal (google says this would have been approximately 1/4 of a mile) to take the cross over to the Whale Lot. Then of course, we would have faced retracing that 1/4 of a mile back to the Hilton all the while dragging our suitcases.  The second option was to sit and wait on the train to clear which we did taking about 15 minutes.  FYI, we are in our mid seventies and a half mile baggage drag isn't something we would enjoy. 

I do appreciate your explanation.  It is doubtful we will cruise out of NOLA again.  We have cruise scheduled for 24 and 25, nothing out of NOLA.

Thanks for the explanation.  I think I get it now.  I guess my misunderstanding was why choose to take a cab when it's less than a half mile walk indoors, about as far as one lap around the ship.  I'm also in my 70's and a half mile stroll through a mall, even dragging luggage, doesn't seem unreasonable.

Edited by The Traveling Man
  • Like 1

Just now, The Traveling Man said:

Thanks for the explanation.  I think I get it now.  I guess my misunderstanding was why choose to take a cab when it's less than a half mile walk indoors, about as far as one lap around the ship. 

We choose to take a cab because at our age, it's worth the cab fee to avoid pulling the bags that far.

Plus wife is fighting sciatic nerve issues making long walks difficult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

We sail the Joy april 8th also in the Haven, 1st time on Joy! 

We leave the 25th.  Cannot wait to get back on the Joy.  Love the ship and love the Haven.  The only issue I had is that it has no thermal spa and no Syd Normans. But she’s a beautiful ship and the staff is fantastic.  September was out first and only time time in the Haven.  Going to be very hard to go back to a regular cabin!

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 11:28 PM, CTCruiser001 said:

Another great show with Syd Norman's Pour House Band! Don't miss these guys! 

20230318_225940.thumb.jpg.c566ca52f6d04246b483da47cbb44f90.jpg

20230318_213608.thumb.jpg.3e950bf41bb78a8ffef797e81fe7ee41.jpg

Oh, yes--Hercules on the keys as well!😍

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 6:11 PM, CTCruiser001 said:

I should comment...The DW and I have gone on calorie reduction diets since November. This is our first time flying in many years not needing seat belt extenders! A great feeling!!!

20230310_181038.thumb.jpg.c8e41cf324312457fc7f6287406ae6c7.jpg

Congrats!!  That is awesome; how did you do it?  1200 or less calories a day?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MAsquared said:

Congrats!!  That is awesome; how did you do it?  1200 or less calories a day?

Pretty much. We've tried to eliminate the fattening foods and focused on keeping our intake under 1500 calories a day. Lots of protein and water. As the weight started coming off, more moving around and keeping from sitting all day helped more weight come off. Still a long journey left for both of us, but the DW and I are in it for the long haul! 

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, dpemd said:

Did they have a specialty dining discount on the first night of the cruise?

Years ago they used too. Then they did a promo where you would get a free bottle of wine if you did specialty dining on the first night. 

To my knowledge they don't offer any discounts or free bottles of wine any longer with dining in a specialty on the first night. 

• Thanks 1

Good news! Weighed myself just now...In the ten days since we got off the cruise ship, I've lost 5.4 lbs!

I'm now back on track where I was with my weight loss journey when we started this trip! Hard work pays off! Let's see where I end up before our next cruise! Thanks again for following along! 

• Like 8