Wheelchair users:

dcsam

According to Oceania's website, a wheelchair can't be wider than 22".  We have an electric one that's 24" total width - it's foldable.   Perhaps Oceania's policy refers to seat width?  Our electric wheelchair is nothing out of the ordinary.  We also have a transfer chair, and I believe it would fall within their parameters.  I was hoping to bring the electric one since it allows for being pushed (best in crowded areas within the ship) or electric mode when out and about.  I've seen some very, very wide wheelchairs and scooters on different lines, but am curious about Oceania's policy.  Looks like their website links up to a different website where one can rent equipment, and some of those look quite wide.  

the width  is to do with the door  opening

If the chair will not fit through the door it could be a problem but if yours folds it should be fine

I would clarify this with  Oceania though

I would note that the newer Oceania ships (Riviera, Marina, and the new one coming on line soon) would be much easier to manage with a wheelchair than one of the four smaller, older ships.  Wider hallways, better door openings, etc.  The smaller ships (sometimes referred to as "R-class") have their charms, but accessibility isn't their strong suit; it can be done, but I would anticipate more frustration.

• Like 1