Here’s to NOT “The Worst Cruise I’ve Ever Taken”!!! Sailing the Mera today- first time MSC, YC and Aurea Suite

L1211

10 hours ago, NorthernCouple said:

Please let us know about the Duplex Suite. We will be in one ourselves in July. I hear that it is the only YC suite outside the YC doors. I'm also curious how much we will use the hot tub. Hoping to let the kids have electronics while we sip Champagne in the hot tub.

Absolutely...I'll take lots of photos and share our thoughts. It's postings like these that give great inspirations re: ships, itineraries (and keep us excited on the countdown to the next days at sea)

7 hours ago, Tamara said:

On this sailing too with my 3 daughters. Our first MSC cruise. 

Currently in a YC deluxe cabin. But put in for the duplex upgrade today 🤞.

I'll cross my fingers for you - our 13 yo is very excited to have his "own room" (and hot tub). We love the Haven 2 bed suites and are curious how this compares. I'm loving the OP's photos so far of the YC areas!

10 hours ago, amygutman said:

Absolutely...I'll take lots of photos and share our thoughts. It's postings like these that give great inspirations re: ships, itineraries (and keep us excited on the countdown to the next days at sea)

Thanks. We are hoping that if the kids have their own floor that there will be less fighting. I am doubtful. Looking forward to the hot tub and Champagne either way. With enough Champagne, the fighting might not seem too bad.

17 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Yes, you can get other beers if you ask.  They carry Coke in the US market.

As far as drinks "just over the limit" I suspect that will be the case. There is a Chateau Neuf du Pape wine that Hubby enjoys that is $15.50 - $50 CENTS over the limit and not included in YC or in the Premium package.

Glad to hear about the beers. Looking forward to that. MSC seems to have the best beer selection which they should really advertise more. This is something that they could capitalize on and differentiate themselves from other brands. It might also endear them to the North American market which has been a struggle.

Ouch on the Chateau Neuf - that is also my wife's favorite. Here's hoping that they up the limit to 16$ without raising prices.

• Like 1

Had to wait till Nassau to get cell service - can’t load cruise critic on the ship’s Wi-Fi.  Cabin smells of waste - ugh.  Bed comfy, air is cold,  shower is hot!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Had to wait till Nassau to get cell service - can’t load cruise critic on the ship’s Wi-Fi.  Cabin smells of waste - ugh.  Bed comfy, air is cold,  shower is hot!

Oh dear...MSC has identified you and cut off your wifi....gotta watch out when you live report.

I See You Reaction GIF by Polizei Rheinland-Pfalz (GIF Image)

• Haha 1

Slow service in the YC bar- 13 minutes, no bottled water to restock mini-bar myself. And here are the snacks- everyone’s favorite -caramelized pearl onions and green olives. Would make sense if it were a “make your own Bloody Mary bar”!!  I wish they had coffee and water available for self- serve. I would WAY RATHER serve myself than long waits…. But I guess this is “luxury”…

AE997F8A-3887-4EE3-8F11-CFC907F619B2.jpeg

Beautiful day in Nassau!  Carnival is our neighbor.  That appears to be another MSC ship near the dock but I’m not sure which one. New pier coming along nicely!! 

A5A18033-3B2F-4EE5-B40A-5298859E273A.jpeg

C3831AE1-8026-48A0-B66C-CCC2CF07EAC6.jpeg

14 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Slow service in the YC bar- 13 minutes, no bottled water to restock mini-bar myself. And here are the snacks- everyone’s favorite -caramelized pearl onions and green olives. 

OMG, we had this last month on the Grandiosa!  The little glass "cups" full of sliced, caramelized onions... I mean, WTH?

27 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Slow service in the YC bar- 13 minutes, no bottled water to restock mini-bar myself. And here are the snacks- everyone’s favorite -caramelized pearl onions and green olives. Would make sense if it were a “make your own Bloody Mary bar”!!  I wish they had coffee and water available for self- serve. I would WAY RATHER serve myself than long waits…. But I guess this is “luxury”…

AE997F8A-3887-4EE3-8F11-CFC907F619B2.jpeg

The good news for me....my daughter loves olives. She would clear that entire section of olives.

Caramelized onions aren't going to sell to either child (or parent). I agree with offering unique Mediterranean foods but you need to balance it with the region that you are serving.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Ha!  What is it???  We didn’t ask… thought it was just us!! 

"The Iberian feather is one of the most demanded cuts of Iberian pork, mainly because of its texture, tenderness and intense flavor, but it is also the most exclusive, as only one feather weighing about 100 grams can be extracted from each pig. "

You should get it.

Edited by KennyFla
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, NorthernCouple said:

That is a mighty nice thing to say about your husband/partner. Wonder if my wife would say the same....

Love this!  Made the DH laugh.

16 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Is this food exclusive to Yacht Club? Not for Bella?

Yes, this is the yacht club restaurant.  But I believe one of the included restaurants are open for a lovely sit down lunch each day!  I will find the menu for you 

1 minute ago, L1211 said:

Yes, this is the yacht club restaurant.  But I believe one of the included restaurants are open for a lovely sit down lunch each day!  I will find the menu for you 

Here you go!

1A73B797-D90A-4549-BFF2-DACF56CA75B2.jpeg

• Like 2