Deep blue extras

schildiams

My booking shows that I have deep blue extras (matched status) BUT there is no indication anywhere in my booking that I have the priority boarding or any specific perks. It's still saying if I buy a bar tab I only get $50 not 100. I tired to chat but they are "swamped" and don't answer. Any guidance? Thanks 🙂

When is your cruise? Deep Blue extras are ending March 2023 unless VV extends them.

priority boarding just happens at the terminal (at least in Miami)  if you have Sea Rover status or are buying the Romance package. 

Edited by raphael360

2 hours ago, schildiams said:

My booking shows that I have deep blue extras (matched status) BUT there is no indication anywhere in my booking that I have the priority boarding or any specific perks. It's still saying if I buy a bar tab I only get $50 not 100. I tired to chat but they are "swamped" and don't answer. Any guidance? Thanks 🙂

The chat is pretty much useless but I have found calling them has been much better lately and is the very quickest first thing in the morning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

THe key to the above is when you are booking and when you are cruising.  Currently, the free bar tab offer is good for all of 2023.  Deep Blue Extras are good only on cruises thru March 31, 2023.  You don't get a bonus on top of a free bar tab--the bonus only happens if you purchase more on top of the free one.  Deep Blue Extras include $100 free bar tab (it used to be a bottle of champagne, but the bar tab is better).  THe specific perks do not show up in the app or on your account on line.  When you get to the terminal to check in, they'll give you a ribbon bracelet what marks you as deep blue and gives you the priority boarding, etc. Your account will be marked for it and you don't need to show the bracelet...we found them annoying and removed them. The only time they are needed on board is for the cocktail party, and we just carried ours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cantgetin said:

we found them annoying and removed them

I too found the sea rover wristbands annoying and cut mine off after the second day.  I Got tired of it dipping into my food. With that said my wristband was installed very loosely at the sea rover check-in station on my last cruise a few weeks ago and was easily removable.  I'm guessing VV got enough feedback about the wristbands.

11 hours ago, yesornocruising said:

Were you able to get through? I plan on booking today and would also like the $100 bonus on the $300 bar tab with the perks offer. 

There is a pretty long discussion on Deep Blue extras I started a month ago.  Might help for you.

12 hours ago, yesornocruising said:

Were you able to get through? I plan on booking today and would also like the $100 bonus on the $300 bar tab with the perks offer. 

As far as I know if you have Sea Rover status then if you buy the bar tab online then you get the applicable bonus. I have Sea Blazer and that’s the way it’s always worked for me. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, raphael360 said:

I too found the sea rover wristbands annoying and cut mine off after the second day.  I Got tired of it dipping into my food. With that said my wristband was installed very loosely at the sea rover check-in station on my last cruise a few weeks ago and was easily removable.  I'm guessing VV got enough feedback about the wristbands.

May I ask how they work? 

34 minutes ago, sollan said:

May I ask how they work? 

It’s just a fabric wristband with a one-way slider so it can’t be removed. Once you’ve been to the Sailing Club drinks party it isn’t really needed anymore. I think they could just use a card or similar. 

9 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

It’s just a fabric wristband with a one-way slider so it can’t be removed. Once you’ve been to the Sailing Club drinks party it isn’t really needed anymore. I think they could just use a card or similar. 

Thanks! If there are no cards how do I identify me at the restaurants, bars and getting in to my cabin?

38 minutes ago, sollan said:

Thanks! If there are no cards how do I identify me at the restaurants, bars and getting in to my cabin?

RFID wristband that everyone gets on check in. 

Edited by raphael360
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, sollan said:

Virgin use a band that has a chip in it. Everyone gets one that is your room key etc. If you Google Virgin Voyages band you’ll find photos. 

Separately being discussed in this topic is a simple fabric wristband given to those who have the loyalty status to get deep blue extras to identify them as Sailing Club members, that’s mainly needed to get into the drinks event.

Many times I was asked my cabin number rather than present the band for scanning on both Scarlet and Valient.  As a solo female sailor would prefer not announcing my cabin number in public.  Although I do not wear the band on my wrist I always have it handy when at a place this info is needed.  Gotta love whomever invented pockets.  Tried holding out the band instead of answering, didn't help.  Some places have devices to read the bands some use laptops that either can't read them or is difficult to do so.

54 minutes ago, MoonSurf said:

Many times I was asked my cabin number rather than present the band for scanning on both Scarlet and Valient.  As a solo female sailor would prefer not announcing my cabin number in public.  Although I do not wear the band on my wrist I always have it handy when at a place this info is needed.  Gotta love whomever invented pockets.  Tried holding out the band instead of answering, didn't help.  Some places have devices to read the bands some use laptops that either can't read them or is difficult to do so.

I hope you have provided this feedback in the e-mail survey.  Sounds like something important they should consider.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2023 at 2:03 PM, jon81uk said:

As far as I know if you have Sea Rover status then if you buy the bar tab online then you get the applicable bonus. I have Sea Blazer and that’s the way it’s always worked for me. 

We added the bar tab yesterday for our upcoming March Cruise and received the extra $100 per $300 tab. 

I boarded SL with Deep Blue Extras on Wed.

It seemed no one knew what to do with us and we went along with the priority boarding Romance package group. We were on the ship by 1:45ish. 
the wrist band was unnecessary after boarding so I cut it off.  We’ll carry it to the cocktail party tonight if we go. 
The biggest values for us were premium internet, extra bar tab and the priority boarding. 
On VV priority boarding seems super important on a full ship to get all your reservations lined up even before you go to your cabin. The dinner slots, gym classes and yoga book up quickly so the sooner you’re on board the better. 

• Like 1

One thing I’m unsure of. 

Since we qualified for Deep Blue Extras on this sailing, does this mean we’ll be in the frequent cruiser future program automatically or was this “one and done” for us unless we sail frequently on VV?

Edited by mfs2k

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

The biggest values for us were premium internet, extra bar tab and the priority boarding. 

Has the premium internet worked well for you? We board SL next Friday and my husband just found out he has an important work Zoom call while we are at sea on Monday. Hope you're enjoying your cruise!

1 minute ago, Wallys_World said:

Has the premium internet worked well for you? We board SL next Friday and my husband just found out he has an important work Zoom call while we are at sea on Monday. Hope you're enjoying your cruise!

It’s decent

We’re at sea near Miami.
I have 5.5 Mbps download and 24 Mbps upload currently. 

image.thumb.png.16632e942337191b87725e0cce582a9f.pngimage.thumb.png.16632e942337191b87725e0cce582a9f.png

4 minutes ago, Wallys_World said:

the premium internet usually works pretty well; however, it's heavily affected by bad weather.  i've had random issues on either my phone or my computer, but one way or the other, i've been able to work and take calls.  he might have the best luck if he can stay off video and just do voice on zoom.

Thank you mfs2k and _tacocat_ for responding so quickly. Super helpful.

TBH, I miss the days when there was no phone or internet access while cruising. It forced my husband to take a break and truly disconnect from work. However, if we can cruise more often because he's able to work while onboard, that's totally fine with me! 

• Like 3