Deep blue extras

schildiams

2 hours ago, raphael360 said:

I’m onboard Scarlet now. Confirmed the new sailors program will be announced the end of March. 

Not to be a downer, but did the person just give the "company answer" we have been hearing about, or did they REALLY KNOW it was coming out then?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mfs2k said:

One thing I’m unsure of. 

Since we qualified for Deep Blue Extras on this sailing, does this mean we’ll be in the frequent cruiser future program automatically or was this “one and done” for us unless we sail frequently on VV?

No one knows.  The Deep Blue Extras were to have ended Dec. 31, but were extended until March 31.  No one knows what will happen as of April 1.

What we do know--Sea Blazers (those who sailed in 2021) have some perks "for life" like the $125 bonus on a purchased bar tab.

Sea Rovers (2 cruises in 2022) have the $100 bonus on $300 purchased bar tab for 2 years.

There is a new "frequent cruiser" program being developed which will take into account both how much you have spent on booking VV and how much you spent after boarding.  They took a lot of input from cruisers.  This is all I've seen released, although others might know more.  On April first, we can expect that either the new program will be announced or the Deep Blue Extras will be extended.  If they count days, I'm good.  If they count amount spent, probably not so good.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I see the DBE have been extended to end of the year.

I have a quick question. I can see that ‘deep blue extras’ have been added to my add ons. But I don’t see the extra 100$ bar tab per cabin. Did this show up in your add ons?

We purchased 900$ worth of bar tab and received 300$ worth of bonus which I can see in the add ons.

It is just the extra 100$ per cabin deep blue extra  benefit which I’m not seeing. I would expect there to be 4 $100 bonuses. I’m assuming it is just included in the Deep blue extras line in the add one and I’ll see it on my account when I board 

The $100 bar tab is part of DBE.  Until boarding, you will see DBE on your account.  After boarding, this will show up as a $100 bar tab in the app.

At least that's how it worked for us on the current trip.

18 hours ago, cantgetin said:

THey said it was automatic in the sense that people who qualify should not have to do anything.  Mine is showing up for October.

Weird.  My July one showed up just now, but still not my December.  I'm not going to worry about it.

On 5/2/2023 at 11:22 PM, cantgetin said:

The $100 bar tab is part of DBE.  Until boarding, you will see DBE on your account.  After boarding, this will show up as a $100 bar tab in the app.

At least that's how it worked for us on the current trip.

My DBE showed up today for our August cruise. Interestingly our bonus $100 from DBE is listed separately on the app and on the website. 
Wendy

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

My DBE showed up today for our August cruise. Interestingly our bonus $100 from DBE is listed separately on the app and on the website. 
Wendy

That’s normal. VV is showing the bonus $100 bar tab in lieu of the shake for champagne option. But for us it’s the same dollar amount. My guess is they are encouraging us to use it for drinks at the bar vs for Moët champagne.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

Wendy

It is likely listed separately (as was ours) to differentiate it from the $100 bonus that you will get if you purchase a $300 bar tab.  Yes, it replaced the "shake for champagne."  I'd much rather have the bar tab that we can use as we like.

18 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

Wendy

For my May cruise in a couple of weeks, my app shows DBE but not the $100 extra bonus but when I login online, the $100 extra is there. 

2 hours ago, lisabucsfan1 said:

For my May cruise in a couple of weeks, my app shows DBE but not the $100 extra bonus but when I login online, the $100 extra is there. 

The app is usually a mess until after boarding.  I take a screenshot of my account on the computer and my travel agent sends me a screenshot of her records in case things don't fix themselves after boarding.  Our $100 from DBE did not show up until after boarding on the app.

13 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

The app is usually a mess until after boarding.  I take a screenshot of my account on the computer and my travel agent sends me a screenshot of her records in case things don't fix themselves after boarding.  Our $100 from DBE did not show up until after boarding on the app.

oh that's a good suggestion. thx.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lisabucsfan1 said:

I boarded yesterday and my bar tab went from $300 to $400 overnight. Lots of accounting things happen onboard while we sleep. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jaxcruisinguy said:

Is there a boarding line specific for DBE or do you just use VIP line? Do you still need to adhere to your selected time or just show up?

There is a separate Sailing Club line. At Miami you can turn up at 1.30. Not sure about Barcelona.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jr84civic said:

How long from the time you submitted match request until DPE showed on your account?

We had deep blue extras on our last cruise and it showed on our account a few days after applying for it.  Since deep blue extra was supposed to end in April. I didn’t know if we would have it on our next cruise but it showed up a few days after announcing the extended date.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 4:28 AM, cantgetin said:

Same at Barcelona

Our DBE shows on the accounts but not in the app. Not sure if it will show in the app before embarcation?

We had picked our arrival time slot in the app before the DBE showed.

If we turn up at 1.30 - will we be allowed to enter the Sailing Club line or will they say that we have to wait until the choosen arrival time?

A tiny bit confused....🙂