When does Maya Chan contact you with map and instructions?

jbrinkm

1 hour ago, jbrinkm said:

How soon after booking or how close to your cruise date do they typically check in to tell you what you need to do to find the transportation and any other important details?

Certainly in good time.

Usually after final payment through pay Pal, I think, but we have been booking late recently and paid all at once. They will send updates as necessary. 

Edited by c-leg5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Certainly in good time.

Usually after final payment through pay Pal, I think, but we have been booking late recently and paid all at once. They will send updates as necessary. 

ETA

@jbrinkm

I did notice on our recent instructions that they still recommend our usual route through the port, next to the dolphins but the meeting point is now even further down the road outside the port, near the mayan replica. Not sure why they have had to do that - they were hoping to move closer to the port. It was convenient to meet at the shop. We didn’t get to try it out because ours was one of many recently cancelled dockings at Costa Maya.

There are some very strange practices in operation these days in Costa Maya. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did get mine also! I think maybe the same day - I remember thinking if I had just waited a few days, I wouldn't have felt the need to post this question. I did see the instructions in the confirmation email but it was a while ago (we booked Maya Chan early) and I wanted to make sure nothing had changed, plus I knew they sent another one closer to the visit.

Edited by jbrinkm
typo

1 hour ago, jbrinkm said:

I did get mine also! I think maybe the same day - I remember thinking if I had just waited a few days, I wouldn't have felt the need to post this question. I did see the instructions in the confirmation email but it was a while ago (we booked Maya Chan early) and I wanted to make sure nothing had changed, plus I knew they sent another one closer to the visit.

Have you been to Maya Chan yet?

After numerous posts prior to visiting I haven’t seen any feedback from you regarding facilities, transport or sargassum? I am sure people are anxious to hear about the sargassum situation.

I don’t remember if you had long port hours because that has been our biggest problem recently.

Edited by c-leg5

15 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Have you been to Maya Chan yet?

After numerous posts prior to visiting I haven’t seen any feedback from you regarding facilities, transport or sargassum? I am sure people are anxious to hear about the sargassum situation.

I don’t remember if you had long port hours because that has been our biggest problem recently.

We sail on Sunday and go to Maya Chan on Thursday of next week. Most of my roll calls (on both RC forums) are planning to also go to Maya Chan during that cruise, so hopefully there will be a lot of feedback when we return!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bguppies said:

Let us know how the Sargassum is.....

I hope you luck out.

I am surprised the reports so far haven’t been worse. Photos and reports i have seen recently haven’t been that bad.

33 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Our Costa Maya port stop was just cancelled for high waves, so I'm sorry I won't be able to give a sargassum update.

Sorry to hear after all your planning. It seems to have been happening much more often this year. You would have had a good idea of sargassum  just sailing into the area.

Correction:

Apparently the bad winds brought in a big bunch to Costa Maya the night before. We're just back in Galveston now and I see an email message from Maya Chan saying that we were cancelled because they couldn't get it cleaned up in time. The message was from  before we were unable to dock