Cruise/Stay or Stay/Cruise

Looking at next summer.   Have not been on a resort holiday for over 15 years.and there is a little bit of me who thinks time onshore in a hotel is time wasted from being onboard a cruise.  However that aside we are actively considering a split break for next year.   What I don't know is which order would be better.

Am we more likely to enjoy a week at a hotel and then know we have a cruise coming up or enjoy getting off the cruise knowing we don't have to go home yet.

The other way of looking at those options is be frustrated at the hotel waiting to go on the cruise or after the cruise be sitting at a poolside wishing we were still onboard.

The flight times do make a difference.  I can go from Edi/Gla/New.

If it were Edinburgh which is our closest airport it is a later flight so it would definately be the hotel first as we felt we lost a day onboard last year not getting onboard will after 9pm.  Gla and New are morning flights and although its an hour extra to the airport we are more likely to go with them.  Therefore if cruise first then onboard would be around 2pm. 

Having not done this before I am a bit unclear if we hotel first what time we get to the ship.  I presume we get taken to airport after first week and then transfer from airport to ship.

Thoughts about this competely insignificant issue welcome!

Whichever you decide will be lovely. Have done a stay and cruise which was really enjoyable. There were several other guests doing the same. We were collected by a minibus at the hotel and taken straight to the ship. The reverse would happen if you do a cruise and stay.

We have done a cruise and stay in Majorca and a stay and cruise in Corfu. My personal preference was the cruise and stay which we are doing again this summer. My reason is that we were very busy on the cruise with all the port visits (very enjoyable but tiring) so the stay after the cruise gave us time to relax before returning home.

On our transfer day to the resort in Majorca, we put our cases out as usual the night before and then enjoyed the ship’s facilities in the morning until called to the coach around midday. The coach took us straight to the hotel where our rooms were ready. It was very easy.

• Like 1

I dont think it really matters with Tui , as they keep you on ship until airport is ready for you , been on others (princess) where you had to be out of cabin 8.30 am then off ship soon after then 12 hour wait in Miami airport until flight comes . Never again .