Boarding

djs263875

My wife will become platinum while on our upcoming cruise in a few weeks. The rest of us (husband and 2 kiddos) will not be platinum. I thought I had read that since my wife will become platinum while we sail she will be given the platinum status for this cruise and as such will have priority boarding, etc. Can anyone with experience tell me if that is the case and if since she would be platinum will that give priority boarding and debarkation to the rest of us? We aren’t too concerned with the priority boarding, but we have a 14hr drive home so the priority debarkation would be a real help. 

Your wife will have Platinum status from day 1 of the cruise.  

If all of you are in the same cabin then you should be able to board together.  If the cruise was booked under her VIFP number she'll be able to do online check-in two days early and get an early boarding group if that's what you want to do.  (Not sure about how that part works if the booking isn't under the Platinum VIFP number).

For debarkation your wife will get a letter in the cabin mailbox a day or two before the end of the cruise with instructions on where to meet if you chose to use priority self-debark process.  The four of you will go to that meeting place and be off the ship early.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, groundloop said:

Your wife will have Platinum status from day 1 of the cruise.  

If all of you are in the same cabin then you should be able to board together.  If the cruise was booked under her VIFP number she'll be able to do online check-in two days early and get an early boarding group if that's what you want to do.  (Not sure about how that part works if the booking isn't under the Platinum VIFP number).

For debarkation your wife will get a letter in the cabin mailbox a day or two before the end of the cruise with instructions on where to meet if you chose to use priority self-debark process.  The four of you will go to that meeting place and be off the ship early.

Great complete answer however we saw something for the first time cruising and we are at 40+ cruises. When getting priority disembarkation last Saturday from the MG, those with Birth Certificates had to go in one line for immigration and there were only two people checking so the wait was quite something. Those with Passports went in a different line did not have to show their Passports and only did facial recognition and there were 12 stations set and it went extremely quickly 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dbrucern said:

Great complete answer however we saw something for the first time cruising and we are at 40+ cruises. When getting priority disembarkation last Saturday from the MG, those with Birth Certificates had to go in one line for immigration and there were only two people checking so the wait was quite something. Those with Passports went in a different line did not have to show their Passports and only did facial recognition and there were 12 stations set and it went extremely quickly 

It's been that way for our last two cruises out of Port Canaveral.  Couldn't believe how quickly we got through.  

• Like 1

I go off Elation a week ago.  Was anticipating my first cruise without passport, but the renewal came in the mail the day before the cruise.  Getting off, at the foot of the gangway they said bc right, passports left.  I had passport in hand, she saw it and said to put it away, I wouldn’t need it.  Facial recognition was great!  But…I was the only person in a huge room.  It’s worth the price…. EM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dbrucern said:

When getting priority disembarkation last Saturday from the MG, those with Birth Certificates had to go in one line for immigration and there were only two people checking so the wait was quite something. Those with Passports went in a different line did not have to show their Passports and only did facial recognition and there were 12 stations set and it went extremely quickly 

Same thing happened in Long Beach getting off the Panorama in January.

• Thanks 1